First impression procon boy ps-270 Mr. Hobby GSI Creos

I even put the PS289 Front on the micron. It was alright, but nothing like a micron front, even though they borrowed a good portion of the design.

@DaveG -- I put that PS770 front end on a KKmoon side feed and it worked really well. Unfortunately the side feed color cups and design made the brush very unbalanced, so I scrapped it and stole some parts off it. The stock front end off that KKmoon.. what a pile.

My goal now is to fix another micron front I have (needs nozzle) and put it on the PS289 for good.

The fact you can use the 770 or micron heads on the 270 is golden to me .270 I simply love the feel of more than any other I've used. The length, weight and angled air stem feel right.
I don't think I would like the feel of the 770 as well...So that ability to upgrade is a great thing for me. Also in those cases of "emergency" , I've used the Chinese heads on it while waiting for a new nozzle...just so I had two brushes to use.

I even put the PS289 Front on the micron. It was alright, but nothing like a micron front, even though they borrowed a good portion of the design.

@DaveG -- I put that PS770 front end on a KKmoon side feed and it worked really well. Unfortunately the side feed color cups and design made the brush very unbalanced, so I scrapped it and stole some parts off it. The stock front end off that KKmoon.. what a pile.

My goal now is to fix another micron front I have (needs nozzle) and put it on the PS289 for good.
Out of curiosity, why did you get the 289 over the 270 if you wanted a detail type brush?
Or is it same deal, you just like it's feel over the micron body configuration so now it's going to become a detail brush?
Also, you can swap in the micron needle as well, but you'll need the b+ seal.

You can use a PS770 nozzle on that micron head - I can identify no differences between the Procon, and Iwata .18 nozzles.

I am not a fan of the Kkmoon builds, when compared to the other unidentified Asian maker of the PointZero, Royal Max, or some of the Master Airbrush brands - I have a a side feed similar to the Kkmoon, made by this other manufacturer, which I converted - info can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/1063587837080137/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1078632708908983

Out of curiosity, why did you get the 289 over the 270 if you wanted a detail type brush?
Or is it same deal, you just like it's feel over the micron body configuration so now it's going to become a detail brush?
Also, you can swap in the micron needle as well, but you'll need the b+ seal.

I got the 289 off ebay mildly used. It really was virtually new. The price was alright and I wanted to see how they felt and handled. Also, the Micron itself covers such a decent range, that I'm done looking for a detail brush.
After using the 289 awhile and honestly compared to my .3 converted HP-CR, it just wasn't cutting it. I sorta jumped outta the gate a little fast on my review up above.

If I recall , Dave, didn't you suggest the sb86 over the kkmoon for a side feed body donor?
Yes, because it is the same build as the PZ that you have. The Kkmoon is a different build, although they look the same. They are heavier, bigger, and while looking nicely finished, the tolerances are not as good (relative term, here).

Just to sum up a bit for anybody that reads this. You can buy a 270/289 for $95-$99 and a 770 Front end for $65 free shipping from Spraygunner.com and have about as close to a micron as you're ever gonna get by blending airbrush models together. Now that is more money than a chinese base airbrush conversion, but it will all be Japanese made and feel like REAL quality from tip to tail.

Add the 770 needle and seal for a full conversion. It comes awfully close to just buying a 770.
IDK how much difference the needle makes but....anyhow

Add the 770 needle and seal for a full conversion. It comes awfully close to just buying a 770.
IDK how much difference the needle makes but....anyhow
I will add to the notion that by combining parts vs. buying a PS770 to begin with is the fact that the PS770 uses a spring adjustment/spring retainer set up that should not be over looked. Maybe for a beginner it can be taken for granted, but as you develop your skills and feel for how the brush works, the ability to adjust the feel of the trigger/needle action to find ones own sweet spot is priceless. Getting that feel will spoil you ;). I think that the three Procon brushes discussed here are all worth every bit of their asking price, and are in fact gems to be had. Those prices I am sure will only go up over time. Me, I would buy and use them the way they come, if i wanted a .18, I would simply buy the PS770 to start with...

I will add to the notion that by combining parts vs. buying a PS770 to begin with is the fact that the PS770 uses a spring adjustment/spring retainer set up that should not be over looked. Maybe for a beginner it can be taken for granted, but as you develop your skills and feel for how the brush works, the ability to adjust the feel of the trigger/needle action to find ones own sweet spot is priceless. Getting that feel will spoil you ;). I think that the three Procon brushes discussed here are all worth every bit of their asking price, and are in fact gems to be had. Those prices I am sure will only go up over time. Me, I would buy and use them the way they come, if i wanted a .18, I would simply buy the PS770 to start with...
You're meaning the particular style of adjustment?
The 270 does have adjustment for the trigger spring.

You're meaning the particular style of adjustment?
The 270 does have adjustment for the trigger spring.
Yes, a particular style of adjustment - the 270 has the same sort of one piece spring retainer as the Iwata HP series, while the 770 has the same 2 piece style of spring retainer/adjuster as a Micron. The trigger feel between the HP and Micron are vastly different once you have a feel for them.

@DaveG what do you know about sparmax quality? Iwata bought it for some reason, I guess that it was for the compressor line, do you own any sparmax airbrush?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

@DaveG what do you know about sparmax quality? Iwata bought it for some reason, I guess that it was for the compressor line, do you own any sparmax airbrush?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I saw that Sparmax is now part of the Anest Iwata brand but have no experience with them (yet).

(snipped). Me, I would buy and use them the way they come, if i wanted a .18, I would simply buy the PS770 to start with...

Soooo, it's not worth buying the 270 or 289 and also buying the 770 head and needle and putting those on them?
Better to buy which brush you want and use it as it comes?

I was thinking of mix n matching, once I had worked all the price combinations out..... and if ANY ptfe packing was also required
to be changed etc etc etc.....

Back