First impression procon boy ps-270 Mr. Hobby GSI Creos

Soooo, it's not worth buying the 270 or 289 and also buying the 770 head and needle and putting those on them?
Better to buy which brush you want and use it as it comes?

I was thinking of mix n matching, once I had worked all the price combinations out..... and if ANY ptfe packing was also required
to be changed etc etc etc.....
is it worth it? It is if that is what you want to do. Do you have to? No. The 270, 289, and the 770 all work well. You may save a few dollars by mixing and matching parts, but not enough in my mind to go through the effort, when you can just buy the one you want, and go...

You won't save anything.
270-$100
770 head assy, needle, and needle seal-$100
770-$200
So it's more just if you want to.
Mix and match you end up with extra needle, head assy, seal and you can buy in steps and decide if you really need to spend another hundred on micron performance. Which you probably will, and then decide you just want a whole 770 also lol. So now your at $400 and you have 2 and a half brushes.
Buying 770 as is you get that micron syle spring adjuster and no fiddling around. Then you'll still probably want a 270 or 289...so now your at $300 and you have 2 brushes lol.

Oh you can always get a $30 point zero and put whatever head you're not using on it. I've run the 270 head on mine just for fun.
For me , a 270/289 the 770 parts and a pz 360 is a whole lot of range of brush configurations for very little money.

@DaveG, and @Robbyrockett2, hmmmm much food for thought there; many thanks for the in-depth info which means I can now look at and work out options available and decide what I would like to do (hopefully).

Cheers to you.

So I was just messing around with nozzles. I had that extra 289 front end and wanted to see if the nozzle could be used elsewhere. Well I tried it in an old HP-C and an extra Micron front end (no nozzle) and it would not thread in. So just be warned, I'm not sure how the thread counts are distributed in the Iwata family , but the GSI Creos 289 nozzle doesn't appear to share the same thread as those 2 models. @DaveG @Robbyrockett2 How many models would that effect?

So I was just messing around with nozzles. I had that extra 289 front end and wanted to see if the nozzle could be used elsewhere. Well I tried it in an old HP-C and an extra Micron front end (no nozzle) and it would not thread in. So just be warned, I'm not sure how the thread counts are distributed in the Iwata family , but the GSI Creos 289 nozzle doesn't appear to share the same thread as those 2 models. @DaveG @Robbyrockett2 How many models would that effect?
Robby nailed it - the threading is the same as the newer revised Iwata HP Plus series. The HP-C you tried is the older, finer threading...

This thread had been very informative for me as I try to find parts for my Olympos microns.

Need help from the knowledgeable member here to verify a few things, apologies in advance if this is a bit OT for this thread.

1. I plan to buy the PS770 needle packing with PTFE to replace the rubble version in my MP200A/B.
2. Buy nozzle and needle set for PS770 as spares for my MP200.
3. Buy nozzle and needle set for PS270 as spares for HP100B/PC101.
4. Buy nozzle cap for PS270 as spares for HP100B/PC101.
5. Buy the headset for PS770 as a cheaper alternative to olympos S3 head: All my olympos head is 1-Hole, I wonder if the S3 type head will be better for me. Frank seems to say that L3 is better but DaveG dislikes L3. And I learn other other thread that the newer Iwata head is more like S3, so I guess the PS770 head will be more S3 like.
6. Use olympos .23 nozzle and needle with PS700 headset to get an S3 .23 head setup for MP200
7. use this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FMYPU...olid=1YYVKSVK0PIG8&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it to replace the head o-ring for my MP200A/B

I think 1, 2 will work.
3 Will not work, since the nozzle for PS270 is similar/match those of Iwata-plus version, not the original, so will not fit olympos HP100/PC101
Not sure about 4, 5, 6 and 7.

I am pretty happy with the 1-Hole heads, just itching to know/feel the other heads. I think most likely I will not feel that difference.

Problem: I have to stop buying airbrushes. :)

Thanks in advance.

This thread had been very informative for me as I try to find parts for my Olympos microns.

Need help from the knowledgeable member here to verify a few things, apologies in advance if this is a bit OT for this thread.

1. I plan to buy the PS770 needle packing with PTFE to replace the rubble version in my MP200A/B.
2. Buy nozzle and needle set for PS770 as spares for my MP200.
3. Buy nozzle and needle set for PS270 as spares for HP100B/PC101.
4. Buy nozzle cap for PS270 as spares for HP100B/PC101.
5. Buy the headset for PS770 as a cheaper alternative to olympos S3 head: All my olympos head is 1-Hole, I wonder if the S3 type head will be better for me. Frank seems to say that L3 is better but DaveG dislikes L3. And I learn other other thread that the newer Iwata head is more like S3, so I guess the PS770 head will be more S3 like.
6. Use olympos .23 nozzle and needle with PS700 headset to get an S3 .23 head setup for MP200
7. use this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FMYPU...olid=1YYVKSVK0PIG8&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it to replace the head o-ring for my MP200A/B

I think 1, 2 will work.
3 Will not work, since the nozzle for PS270 is similar/match those of Iwata-plus version, not the original, so will not fit olympos HP100/PC101
Not sure about 4, 5, 6 and 7.

I am pretty happy with the 1-Hole heads, just itching to know/feel the other heads. I think most likely I will not feel that difference.

Problem: I have to stop buying airbrushes. :)

Thanks in advance.

There s a lot here, ,and my brain is mostly wanting to take a break after a long day -
1 - should work fine.
2 - may work - there is something about the Olympos and Iwata (the PS is the same as Iwata) that one works ok in the other, but not the other way around, but can't recall which is which off the top of my head. I think it is the Olympos nozzle not working well in the Iwata, so you should be OK with the 770 nozzle in the Olympos...

3 - nope, wrong threads on the nozzle base between them, and wrong needle diameter (thanks for the catch, Robby!)
4 and 5 - pieces should fit fine
6 - I am not sure, but I do not think the .23 nozzle will work in the 770 head. Pretty sure the exit hole in the nozzle cap is going to be too small, and not sure the nozzle length is good - remember my earlier comments about mixing and matching.
not following external links right now, but of you think you got it, so be it.

Last edited:
There s a lot here, ,and my brain is mostly wanting to take a break after a long day -
1 - should work fine.
2 - may work - there is something about the Olympos and Iwata (the PS is the same as Iwata) that one works ok in the other, but not the other way around, but can't recall which is which off the top of my head. I think it is the Olympos nozzle nt working well inthe Iwata, so you should be OK with the 770 nozzle in the Olympos...
3 - The nozzle from the 270 will work, the needle is 1.4mm diameter vs the stock 1.2mm of the 100B. I think I would stick with OEM needles
6 - I am not sure, but I do not think the .23 nozzle will work in the 770 head. Pretty sure the exit hole in the nozzle cap is going to be too small, and not sure the nozzle length is good - remember my earlier comments about mixing and matching.
3 surprises me
So the 100b used the threading of the newer plus nozzles?

Yeah, seems like if you're going to use gsi parts I would stick to entire needle , nozzle, head groups.

The 1.2mm iwata needles work well with the 270 nozzle, idk if an iwata needle will play well in the 100b body? Nevermind, doesn't matter since the nozzle won't go

Last edited:
7. No
Unless you plan to leave the head on and hardly...if ever take it off.
The head seal depends on elasticity and a low compression set (shape bounces back)
Ptfe has neither quality.

Last edited:
1 - should work fine.
2 - may work - there is something about the Olympos and Iwata (the PS is the same as Iwata) that one works ok in the other, but not the other way around, but can't recall which is which off the top of my head. I think it is the Olympos nozzle not working well in the Iwata, so you should be OK with the 770 nozzle in the Olympos...

3 - nope, wrong threads on the nozzle base between them, and wrong needle diameter (thanks for the catch, Robby!)

Thanks DaveG! Was hoping you will chime in and I am glad you did.

1 - ok, good to verify
2 - I forget to mention I plan to keep the nozzle, nozzle cap and needle pairing, ie replace all of these from one maker/brand, just use the head base and body of the olympos. Will that be ok?
3 - Guess as much from reading prev posts, thanks for verifying.
5 - What is your experience comparing PS770 head to S3 head from olympus?
6 - I will use a .23 nozzle cap (from olympos), just using the PS770 head base for a S3 variant, will that works?

7. No
The head seal depends on elasticity and a low compression set (shape bounces back)
yeah, I just followed that link - it would be really hard to get that thing into the groove it needs to go in without destroying it. The PTFE is not like rubber - may be kind of soft-ish, but they do not return to original shape once distorted.

7. No

Thanks for the reply.

I see. It's $5, maybe I will go ahead and try it out and see how it goes.

Better still, I see that DaveG is trying/testing out some solvent proof o-ring. Maybe I can buy some from him.

Thanks DaveG! Was hoping you will chime in and I am glad you did.

1 - ok, good to verify
2 - I forget to mention I plan to keep the nozzle, nozzle cap and needle pairing, ie replace all of these from one maker/brand, just use the head base and body of the olympos. Will that be ok?
3 - Guess as much from reading prev posts, thanks for verifying.
5 - What is your experience comparing PS770 head to S3 head from olympus?
6 - I will use a .23 nozzle cap (from olympos), just using the PS770 head base for a S3 variant, will that works?
I do not know... I have all of these pieces, and will take a look in the next day or so. I've got too many other things going on right now to want to see how it all actually works, though. May come back to it in a couple weeks.

yeah, I just followed that link - it would be really hard to get that thing into the groove it needs to go in without destroying it. The PTFE is not like rubber - may be kind of soft-ish, but they do not return to original shape once distorted.

Ahh..... not even worth wasting my $5 then. Thanks.

Do you have some good o-ring replacement that you can recommend or sell?

I do not know... I have all of these pieces, and will take a look in the next day or so. I've got too many other things going on right now to want to see how it all actually works, though. May come back to it in a couple weeks.

An Olympos S3 head (.23 version) is almost $150, so I am not in a hurry. Will wait patiently for your investigation.

Ahh..... not even worth wasting my $5 then. Thanks.

Do you have some good o-ring replacement that you can recommend or sell?
Well, that's actually something weve been working on together. I selected the material and manufacturer. They must be custom manufactured as they aren't available in the material and size..
Rings for different areas of the brushes will start to come available pretty soon here.

Last edited:
Back