First impression procon boy ps-270 Mr. Hobby GSI Creos

do you think there is that much of a difference in actual machine work between a Seiko and a Rolex?

I Should add to that thought... for someone that does not have the experience and skill to tell the difference between the two in use - the added cost up front would be nothing more than added cost. For someone that understands what they are working with, the difference in price is small. In addition, someone with a skill set that allows them to use either brush to their fullest capabilities, they are gonna pull off the work with whichever brush they are using.

That's why I'm asking the question Dave, I don't know. I'm not asking if one is a better tool, I'm asking if they actually have twice the amount of cost in the 770 to justify doubling the price or if they inflating the price to match it's standing to the 270. It's been done before by other companies with no other justification other than they didn't want the price to reflect the quality?.. not sure that's the word I'm looking for.

That's why I'm asking the question Dave, I don't know. I'm not asking if one is a better tool, I'm asking if they actually have twice the amount of cost in the 770 to justify doubling the price or if they inflating the price to match it's standing to the 270. It's been done before by other companies with no other justification other than they didn't want the price to reflect the quality?.. not sure that's the word I'm looking for.

I think the price reflects the status of the tool within the line... I also suspect that the entire line will start inching it's way up in price to reflect its place in the market, as compared to the competition. Solid products, as far as I can see.

Have to thank @DaveG on this. Without pouring through his work I would have had very little idea what points to look for and hes provided a lot of input and direction. Most of of what I've done here is an attempt to imitate his methods.

As far why they charge what they charge, who knows. Nothing to be done about it anyhow.

And again these are not knock offs as it would be essentially impossible to produce and market a knock off in Japan.

Its more probable that like with many other products there is actually one manufacturer, anyone who wishes to start a line goes to them and picks the elements included in their line from a menu of options.

And again these are not knock offs as it would be essentially impossible to produce and market a knock off in Japan.

As far as I know, Iwata is the only company who was licensed to produce Olympos style airbrushes.

I don't know Japanese patent or manufacturing laws. But I do know how a normal business wouldn't allow someone to make virtually the same airbrush/product as them, market it at 1/3 the price and in the same foreign market and come out of the same factory. It makes no sense what so ever.

Only two companies we know of, have the "right" to make a Micron.

And personally I'm trusting the person who has actually proven they've had all of these parts in their hands.
Dave.

Last edited:
I'm just saying I wouldn't call a Pontiac vibe a knockoff of a Toyota matrix. Even though I know of no deal between gm and Toyota.vwhen I look under the hood and most of the parts say Toyota right on them

I was pleased with it, as examples go [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To boot , I've seen the two sitting in car lots across the street from one another with about a 4500 difference in price. Who knows what deals are going on.
Anyway call it what you like. I for one am 99.9% convinced they are the same.

Ok, So this is just a little note about the point zero. After trying it I was a little surprised that @DaveG liked them as much he seems to, beside all his awesome brushes. Then I centered up the nozzle on the .3 setup and all I can say is WOW! It actually sprays amazingly. atomizes very nicely and makes even really little daggers easy to pull off without having to use crazy speed. Basically just took all daves suggestions on it except this was my .3
It doesn't go as wide as the krome .33 did or have as easy a time with less reduced paint ( the kromes could shoot it straight if you really wanted to)
but I have to say, It's a total pleasure to spray with.

The GSI 270, I Love it more every time I pick it up and paint with it. It's still getting better, hell I love it just sitting there. That thing is just so pretty.

Im going to have to chime in alittle bit, i do own mr. Hobby airbrushes and iwata airbrushes, and i eill say if they are being made from the same factory they are both very different in my opinion, ofcourse there is alot of similarities, but i also think mr hobby airbrushes are cheap now, to market themselves ofcourse, but mr hobbys custom and iwatas kustom are different, i been messing around with all the micron heads and nozzle caps including richpen and olympos, i will admit the mr hobby is less picky with paint then the iwata, and honestly i was against iwata for awhile, but speaking to reps presonally, and owning their brushes, they are fabulous, if mr. Hobby was to inflate their prices it would be hard to choose which one is better, mr hobby is a heavier brush iwata not so much, comes down to preference, but even if parts are interchangable, and if they are from the same factory, they are different, especially in the head assembly

yeah, I think they are much more "similar" than you are giving them credit for in your post :) ... removing visual impression and going by actual measurements tells me everything I need to know.

yeah, I think they are much more "similar" than you are giving them credit for in your post :) ... removing visual impression and going by actual measurements tells me everything I need to know.
Yep no i get it, ofcourse there is more similarities than difference, with out a doubt, but that one or 2 things that are different, shows me that they are different brushes just by the tiny difference, can you throw identical parts on and get 2 exact brushes yep for sure, i just wanted to state that there is a difference in the head, that can transfer over to other microns, ive analized as well and i know your right, but there is no harm on sharing the differences they have, regardless how tiny they are

Yep no i get it, ofcourse there is more similarities than difference, with out a doubt, but that one or 2 things that are different, shows me that they are different brushes just by the tiny difference, can you throw identical parts on and get 2 exact brushes yep for sure, i just wanted to state that there is a difference in the head, that can transfer over to other microns, ive analized as well and i know your right, but there is no harm on sharing the differences they have, regardless how tiny they are
ok, what are the differences?

How accurate are your measurements?

I would be happy for any accurate information either way, Please show me some side by side photos and point out the differences.
Tapered guage in nozzles or aircap holes. micrometer on a piece, anything that shows a difference.
even some side by side spray test would be something.

Back