First steps into collecting

palk

Needle-chuck Ninja
Picked up on evil bay a Holbien Y3 and awaiting its delivery . Only paid $31.00 AUD including delivery I have no idea what it is worth. And a rookie mistake, but I have done far dumber things with more money
s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

Congrats! The Holbein's can be very nice brushes. You got a very good deal, too. Provided the needle and nozzle are in good condition, that is. There are no spares, or replacements for the nozzle. The needle can be replaced with a few options, but none will perform quite like the original. They are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I have been more drawn to the Y2's, including the "dash" series - which generally go for between $70-$100US. I have paid as much as $230US for a new/old stock Neo Hohmi (a side feed version of the brush), but have also purchased an as new, in the box Y1 for $60US delivered.

Thanks for sharing Dave, and easing my fiscal conscience, and I am concerned that none of the photos show the brush without the protective cap. And the end of the needle could look like a fishing hook, and an elliptical or split paint nozzle might await me.

But the paint cup is half full

After talking to you earlier about the Dash series adjustable air cap I have developed a interest in them. I am drawn to the quirky and complex.

Well it has been over a ass puckering 2 weeks with no word from the seller.
Just Evil bays automated response and time line that has not shifted in 2 weeks
My language should hint at my confidence in evil bay. I have been burned before
So I politely asked how things are going 3 days ago
They replied a day ago asked me for my post code. Nothing else just that "what's your post code".
(Well that lifted my "spirits").

I have politely replied.
Evil bay inform me, I have to wait till May the 3rd for them to assist in a resolution.
So I wait.

Maybe I should have waited till I had beaten the bird with the Bush
Be for I posted

Last edited:
Well there you go
I start bitching
And the next day the Holbein shows up ❤
And it is in very good condition dirty with old dust and lint. The paint cup cap had mud in it nowhere else just the cap no paint residue at all and I am thinking, paint has never seen the inside of the brush
Needle, paint nozzle and aircap are in perfect visual order. The foam is breaking down where it touches the brush leaving very small gooy spots on the chrome and the clear plastic case looks like it is a little heat deformed on the bottom.
Keen as mustard to give her a paint test, but some education from DaveG older posts is required re gaurding the needle packing before I can go nuts painting

Back