fisher airbrushes

U

ulltraz

while checking out the airbrush jobs of other people in deviant art i stumble with a very nice airbrush job.i asked the guy what airbrush and paints he used.he answered me that he used paasche and fisher airbrushes.i asked him about those airbrushes and how the behaved.the only thing he said was that they were french airbrushes and that they were out of business so they are hard to find and collector items.

as you may figure i want to know more about these airbrushes any responce will highly appreciated!!!

by the way this guy knew nothing about iwata or harder & steenbeck airbrushes as a matter of fact he only knew fisher and paasche.

I saw your post only today. Louis Fisher was foreman at Burdick’s DeVilbiss factory in GB in early ‘30ties. After the war he returned in France and started his own production of airbrushes based on Burdick’s theories. They were nice manufactured tools of very high standard for that period, and the truth is that the most precise (physically) hand piece ever produced as serial tool was Fisher’s O model with 0,10 nozzle, extremely fine brush though capable of spraying only inks and watercolors. (I still have one in some box I think). Fisher’s products were appreciated but professionals preferred EFBE, DeVilbiss or Conopois as high end tools because of their major resistence, and Fisher sold his factory to Letraset Corporation. Conopois also sold their production to Rotring, and that was the beginning of the end for both producers. Today, those glorious names in the history of airbrushes, are only memories, and only occasionally you can find some of their beautiful masterpieces in second hand markets, worth only for collections as the spare parts are nonexistent for more than twenty years.

fantastic job man!!!!love the info!!!many thanks!!!is always good to know!!!:triumphant:

Back