Foaming paint after cleaning

Pascal-A

Gravity Guru
Hi,
I have an Iwata eclipse airbrush and did a complete cleaning the first time.
During airbrushing now the paint starts foaming and comes back out the cup.
Now blowing the paint (or water) takes also much more time before the cup is empty again.
Why is this? Can it be solved?
See picture

Paint.png

On this one, I would say either the head cap is not tight enough to seal the nozzle against the body, or you managed to crack the nozzle - both are common when first getting to know how things work. My bet would be on the not tight enough head cap ;).

I dissasembled and assembled again and now it works better.
I hope it stays.
I used half glass cleaner / half water instead of airbrush cleaner.

I dissasembled and assembled again and now it works better.
I hope it stays.
I used half glass cleaner / half water instead of airbrush cleaner.
The glass cleaner often contain ammonia... won't do your brush finish any good! It is also worth putting some wax or chapstick on the nozzle threads.

The glass cleaner often contain ammonia... won't do your brush finish any good! It is also worth putting some wax or chapstick on the nozzle threads.

The ammonia thing is largely a myth in regards to airbrushes. I have a test going for 2 years in July with no real issue with parts in constant exposure to ammonia, in conjunction with rinsing and drying cycles. I am talking about solutions much higher than found in glass cleaner (although, I am using glass cleaner too, along with just plain water).

The Eclipse uses a self centering nozzle base, so no threads (the small silver nozzle is not meant to be removed from the brass carrier).

The ammonia thing is largely a myth in regards to airbrushes. I have a test going for 2 years in July with no real issue with parts in constant exposure to ammonia, in conjunction with rinsing and drying cycles. I am talking about solutions much higher than found in glass cleaner (although, I am using glass cleaner too, along with just plain water).

The Eclipse uses a self centering nozzle base, so no threads (the small silver nozzle is not meant to be removed from the brass carrier).
Thanks for that...In terms of threads, while it uses a self centering nozzle it still benefits from lube on the nozzle and the threads of the air cap.

Is it better to buy an airbrush cleaner to clean the airbrush?
With the Eclipse there was also a little tube included. What is that?

Is it better to buy an airbrush cleaner to clean the airbrush?
With the Eclipse there was also a little tube included. What is that?
That is super lube ,,,,, I never use it as it can and most times does turn gummy and causes things like the trigger sticking .

As far as cleaning it I think the last time my was deep cleaned was about a year ago.
I just use reducer and paper towel to make sure I have no paint still in the nozzle area . When I do deep clean it I use restorer https://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Restorer but I only soak the nozzle in it . It will remove all dried paint that hides inside the nozzle.

Oh. It"s fixable then. I already thought I broke it and had to buy a new one.

Make sure the needle is not it brush, and just stick it (the trigger) back in, Make sure the pin on the bottom goes through the hole into the air valve. The notch in the underside of the trigger button faces the back.

Last edited:
Back