For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Forcing color bleed to fix blemish?

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by Neural, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Neural

Neural Gravity Guru

I have a piece that I'm working on which has Candy2O red as the base, with small details in blue (to get purple).
    Through my obsessive desire to try and keep the piece clean as possible (already has a hair or two), I managed to do something spectacularly stupid, and now have two very small spots where the paint is rubbed off (around 5mm in length and maybe 3mm in height, and both are not quite all the way through to the aluminum, but enough so that it shows).

If I hit it with another coat of red, the spots will diminish, but still be visible, while the rest of the piece will get even more red.

Is it possible to force the color to bleed in those areas, effectively making it heal itself?
  2. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

If you dont spray a sealing coat over the candy2.0 it will bleed some but I'm not sure it will do it enough to fix the blemish !
  3. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

usually a blemish in any candy means a total repaint. candy does not blend it will bleed if not bleed checker or if urethane intercoat is put between layers but it will not fix the blemish.
    wickedartstudio likes this.
  4. Neural

Neural Gravity Guru

Ok, Thank you.
    I looked again at the spots and they are quite small compared to what I originally guessed.
    There is no bleed check at all, nor clear, but I also guessed that a fix was out of the question.
  5. wickedartstudio

wickedartstudio Mac-Valve Maestro!

Herb is correct. Candy will always go darker with each additional coat. The small blemishes will darken with additional coats, but so will the surrounding area. So, the contrast between the blemishes and the surrounding area will remain the same while making the entire panel darker.
  6. Neural

Neural Gravity Guru

That was what I was thinking would happen. It's basically a complete loss.
  7. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

not a loss but it is more practice. Using candy as a base is not something for the fate of heart being so many things can go wrong , But say laying in a red base then red candy of it will make it deeper and allow the pruple to show more.
    wickedartstudio likes this.
  8. wickedartstudio

wickedartstudio Mac-Valve Maestro!

Agreed.
  9. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Very carefully I'd spray some red just in the spot, as its candy it will darken slowly and as long as you keep it really tight you may get away with it. You have nothing to lose if you try and repair it. It might just work and if it don't then you've lost nothing.

Lee
  10. twood

twood Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I would try to fix it....maybe you could embellish the area with the blue (purple) to take your eye off the area that you are recoloring