Forget E'tac EFX/Marissa paints...

A lot of times "newbies" just does not want to listen to advise. They read the lable on the bottle and it says XYZ and come hell or high water that is what they will do. I saw this first hand when I briefly was part of a plastic modeling club. It's either the lable or what their hero says in a YouTube video and screw you that does not get payed to promote a product.

I always find the search function is more than adaquate to provide me with vast quantities of information for just about any subject I am curious on, and the information is always extremely helpful, even when there are competing solutions to the problem. All of the regulars here have been very kind and generous in my own experience, both with their time, and their knowledge.

Back to the subject at hand, I have had some difficulty with Createx Illustration myself in cleaning (and it tends to look grainy), so I stick with wicked, despite the fact that it seems to require cleanup after every use and between every color change. I am hoping to order some E'Tec EFX soon and give them a go, but there are only a couple suppliers for the US (I suppose importing it an option).

Okay, back on the subject.

I used the same colours now for 3 days in my HP-CS and HP-SBS. Only topping them up when needed and just covering with tape when not in use. No issues with performance but I did have a bit of difficulty cleaning the CS where the chrome as come off in the bottom of the cup. Not a major issue. It just took 5 minutes to clean instead of the usual 30 seconds.

Okay, back on the subject.

I used the same colours now for 3 days in my HP-CS and HP-SBS. Only topping them up when needed and just covering with tape when not in use. No issues with performance but I did have a bit of difficulty cleaning the CS where the chrome as come off in the bottom of the cup. Not a major issue. It just took 5 minutes to clean instead of the usual 30 seconds.
hahahaha I do the same thing when I paint a monochrome portrait , I also leave my paint in the brush and keep topping it off till I am finished , I know it isnt that hot down here as it is in SA and I dont even bother to cover the cup with some tape and I dont care if it is the CM SB or the SM SB both brushes keep working like they are just cleaned

Just ordered a set of E'tac from Foxy Studio. So exciting to finally try it! I'm going to Marissa's class in 3 months so it's probably a good idea to get used to them. :)

I'm sold! I see if I can get Etac paints here in Calgary.
Kensington Art Supply in Heritage Meadows(odd name choice for location eh)?) stocks it, createx and golden off the top of my head, they have iwata cleaner which makes me think I missed com-art

Etac yellow I bought is so much better than wicked yellow, I really am not a wicked fan my blue has tiny chunks floating in it and needs to be strained etc.

I will be trying their products more when my wickeds start to deplete there was that much of a difference

Back