Got me a new toy ;)

If you fit a layer of a dish washing cloth over the suction tube it will quiet in down a bit more. Just one layer or maybe 2 max. You don't want to choke the motor.

compressor_intake_sml.jpg

If you fit a layer of a dish washing cloth over the suction tube it will quiet in down a bit more. Just one layer or maybe 2 max. You don't want to choke the motor.

View attachment 44613

Handy tip which I shall make use of, but in addition to this because we live in a flat with neighbors under us and we have solid concrete floors I'll be sitting the compressor on a little platform about 8 inches high off the floor with springs under it and a piece carpet on top, this isn't for the noise the compressor makes but for noise the vibration might make if it sits directly on the floor, we had to do the same with out washing machine, the association we rent from always advises new residents to take these measures for any appliances that have motors or are prone to vibration, in the case of our washing machine all it needed was little rubber feet.

Nice compressor Malky, shame about the bits. Funny theyre gone being a bloke and all that they will usually be where you left them months ago.

Lee

Nice compressor Malky, shame about the bits. Funny theyre gone being a bloke and all that they will usually be where you left them months ago.

Lee

No they are definitely not there, I had a good clean out there a short time ago and I had kept the parts to build my own compressor but decided not to bother so they got thrown away for sure, the only thing still there now is an 8 liter tank:( but Lion Art has all the parts I need:)

Holy crap malky what a beast!
Just build a spraybooth for your own and you got your own sprayshop :p
For the first days clean/dry the tank more often, the factory coats the inside from the tank against rust.
The condensation will release a small amount of the coat and a small amount will go towards your artwork (result= smudgy crap on your artwork)
Have fun with the tank :)

I should have been on holiday for two weeks starting form Monday last week, but an old guy who's son was away on holiday abroad wanted to surprise his son by having his house painted form top to bottom, since me and my mate thought that was cool of him we agreed to oblige, I did the job on my own because my mate was out of town working elsewhere, now the money for this job was money I wouldn't otherwise have had so my wife agreed I should spend it on myself and I don't need to be told twice, I was planning on another airbrush but since my tiny studio compressor who has served me well can't do anything other than low pressure airbrushing I decided to go for a new compressor instead, I thought about the Sparmax compressor @beanpoleuk got awarded but thought it may be a little too small for my needs so I got got one that was linked by @maffie instead, the shop is 35 minutes from my house so I went and picked it up, they were kind enough to let me hear it before deciding to buy and I stood right next to it having a conversation with the lady in the shop and we were able to talk as normal without having raise out voices, so my mind was made up:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was discussing it with @CALz AyrWKz who requested photos if I got it so here they are;)

View attachment 44609

View attachment 44610

You will notice that the box is standing in the same place as the compressor is, the time it took to get the box off of it was around 3.8 seconds:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: however the fun stopped right there, I had to put on the wheels myself and there was nothing in the instructions about which wheel was left or right so pondered for over an hour trying to work it out, in the end my wife who is actually very technical said "just put them anywhere and see how it rolls" and I thought, wow an d kissed on the cheek since I would have been stuck all day trying to sort it out, anyway I did what she said and it seemed to roll fine, but to be on the safe side I have marked the wheels on the inside with left and right just in case I should ever have to take them off again and I won't be caught out again:thumbsup:

@maffie I was talking to the lady in the shop and explained to her that I came across this compressor thanks to your thread here on the forum, she thought that was cool and asked to see the thread so I gave her forum address and found the thread for her, she looked at your avatar and exclaimed "That girl was in here two days ago and bought the small one", I thought your avatar was a cartoon and it's actually you:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: that is so cool, anyway thanks for the tip and may your day be as happy as mine:) and good luck with your new compressor:thumbsup: but mine is bigger than yours' ha ha ha:):):)

My mate who is also my boss and looks after me very well has his own painting company so I was clever enough to buy this in his company name so he can claim the tax back for himself:thumbsup:
I buyed the big one, with 20L tank. Because of my vacation I did not haved much time to test it, But this week I will tested it. The only (negatieve) thing about it is that it makes a little to much noise when you wanted to release the moister out of the tank. Because I like to airbrush at night when everybody thinks I'm sleeping. But the lady sayed it is no problem to release the moister the next day (when my neighbours are awake).
Because of the pressure in the tank you have to be carefull with youre hands, do not try to put youre hands under the release point, Because little icecones Will attack youre hand hihi.
I'm glad that my post makes more people happy.

Back