Got tired of bottles everywhere

Thanks a million, I may take you up on that. Material is minimal but print time is insane
When you had more than a couple of thousand hours of prints, runout of material in the middle of a print, don't have enough to print what you want and have to wait till can get it and a bunch of boxes of scrap material for bad prints or support, you will see that time is not the main issue, as the machine works alone, you will learn to design what you want with 3D fdm machine in mind.
If you want to save time you have to aboid support, travel moves, heavy infill and unnesesary quality (low layers), you can see in the slicer that those are the most time consuming opperations.
This is how I made mine, you can use 45 degrees (as i did) if your machine is well calibrated and with 0.28 or 0.32 layer high
pantalla.jpg

I've been toying with the idea of a 3d printer for ages, not for this, but to make some hard to get hold of parts for my vintage Honda MC's. However these are great ideas. I'm rethinking the purchase of one again.

Lee

I've been toying with the idea of a 3d printer for ages, not for this, but to make some hard to get hold of parts for my vintage Honda MC's. However these are great ideas. I'm rethinking the purchase of one again.

Lee
I use my 3D printers for hard to get parts of everything and mostly my honda TRX250 ‘86
Now they are easy to use but a few year before it was a very step learning curve!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I use my 3D printers for hard to get parts of everything and mostly my honda TRX250 ‘86
Now they are easy to use but a few year before it was a very step learning curve!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yes I agree there. Like everything, the internet has made things a lot easier to learn. I downloaded some software but cant remember what it was, I found it quite easy but didnt have the exact dimensions, but it was fairly easy to use and I created a part for my 78' Honda CB50 with internal holes and everything. Only thing I couldn't do was print it, plus I would need to get the exact dimensions.

Lee

Yes I agree there. Like everything, the internet has made things a lot easier to learn. I downloaded some software but cant remember what it was, I found it quite easy but didnt have the exact dimensions, but it was fairly easy to use and I created a part for my 78' Honda CB50 with internal holes and everything. Only thing I couldn't do was print it, plus I would need to get the exact dimensions.

Lee
with scanner printer combo, seen them on amazon, you would just put part inside and machine would do the rest. :cool:

with scanner printer combo, seen them on amazon, you would just put part inside and machine would do the rest. :cool:

Yea, no way that easy!

They can get finicky in a hurry. Mine has been printing great for the last few months and I just started that 20 bottle print and nothing but issues, first layers didn’t want to stick! Got it worked out but like I mentioned, they can get temperamental. Still worth it I think. Also, people tend to go crazy with the infill. No reason for a non stressed part to need such a high infill.

Let’s hope I don’t eat my words here in about 12 hours......lol

Using a pretty sexy filament this time around too. Keeping fingers crossed

I actually never looked for 3d files related to airbrush, spent a lot of time on thingyverse looking at what has been created. Found loads of things you could print and paint afterwards, it did tempt me.. There was also so much art related stuff to print..

Lee

Back