Greetings from the swampy stinky

• Thread starter Hingle McKringlerry
  • Start date
H

Hingle McKringlerry

Some folks seem to prefer for new forum users to introduce themselves, so I'd like to oblige so I can pick brains. I'm a middle-aged male from Houston, Texas with the body of a toddler who writes and edits for a living. I like to play miniature war games, which is what I typically use my airbrushes for. I have a Sotar 20/20 and a Patriot 105/Anthem 165. (They only have one component difference between them, so I bought that one component to have more utility from the brush.) I use an old compressor sans tank. It's loud.

As I've stated in my profile, I've been using the airbrush since '06, but I've done so infrequently and am self-taught. Thus, my wish to learn from the experts. I'm tired of trial and error and error and error and error and error...

Welcome from New Zealand, post up some photo's of your work. Now I have some sad news... while the "errors" may be different they are unlikely to reduce... :p Happy learning! Lots of resources here...

Welcome to the forum from China! I am sure this forum will help to turn trials into success eventually, if not the least because the folks here keep your motivation high... improvement comes, after all, from practice.

Welcome Hingle. This is a great place to find help and resources. Being a member has helped me in more ways than I can count. Feel free to post up some of the miniatures that you’ve painted, it’s always cool to see some new work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Australia Hingle :)
From what little you have written I think you are going to fit in well around here, most here don't take themselves to seriously but we do take our passion for airbrushing seriously.
We like to have a chuckle or two and often threads will go a little sideways and that's just the way it is around here. You will almost always get an answer fairly quickly - as in less than half an hour (being global there is always someone awake) and sometime is its troubleshooting paint problems then it may take a few days to get all the facts in, as newbies often don't know what they don't know and don't always offer up all relevant info for us to give an educated answer, but we almost always have a win.. … unless its deemed a 'Code Pink' and there is just no resolution for that scenario ! (its our little code for someone that has asked for help then proceeds to get abusive /obnoxious because they're not getting the answer they want. Doesn't happen very often :))

Back