GSI Creos Mr. Airbrush Procon Boy PS-270 0.2mm Platinum

crazyvet

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I just recieved My new AB about 20 minutes ago, Thought I would share it with you all and write My opinion of it.
This is by no means a professional review as my experience with AB's comes down to a Master G22, an Iwata eclipse hp-cs and now this GSI PS-270

So for all you that are looking for a more tech review please look at Robbyrockett2's review of this AB he did an amazing job at reviewing this AB

My humble (and very novice ) opinion is this.
This is an amazing brush to use, I tested with com art photo black reduced 1 part paint 3 parts water (no fancy reducers or aditives). it sprayed flawlessly it has a good feel and balance. My very first time using this brush I was able to pull very very thin lines easily. it cleaned easily.

I have not used a mac valve before so played around with it. I can see how useful this will be however for me its a take it or leave it option as of right now. I may change my opinion on that later.

I will be paint a full picture later today and will post any new thoughts I have about this AB when I have finished.

Please feel free to ask any questions or post any comments. I will do my best to be helpful and answer questions to the best of my ability

I have included a few pics of the AB and some of my test page
IMG_1697.JPG IMG_1698.JPG IMG_1699.JPG IMG_1700.JPG

Looks like some nice lines for a quick 5 min test.

I'd say it's probably kind of thrilling how good the thing feels but you have an eclipse so your already used to that solid and pretty feel.

But yeah it does make it almost as easy as it gets to get fine detail.

Anyhow congrats !

Looks like some nice lines for a quick 5 min test.

I'd say it's probably kind of thrilling how good the thing feels but you have an eclipse so your already used to that solid and pretty feel.

But yeah it does make it almost as easy as it gets to get fine detail.

Anyhow congrats !
thanks. When I got my eclipse I was amazed at the detial I get get. this GSI is a whole new level. looking forward to the 770 next month lol

thanks. When I got my eclipse I was amazed at the detial I get get. this GSI is a whole new level. looking forward to the 770 next month lol
To be honest... 770, It's different... I think.
Rather than getting another level of easier detail (line wise)
It's kind of a jump up in control.

Hard to explain but IMO it's kind of like you get that much more control of your speed since the atomizing is better. So rather than having a super specific spot it's easy to go really fine, you have a little range and can even vary how solid that super fine line is a little bit.

That'll be fun though.

I don't have a whole 770, just a head but anyhow that's been my take.

To be honest... 770, It's different... I think.
Rather than getting another level of easier detail (line wise)
It's kind of a jump up in control.

Hard to explain but IMO it's kind of like you get that much more control of your speed since the atomizing is better. So rather than having a super specific spot it's easy to go really fine, you have a little range and can even vary how solid that super fine line is a little bit.

That'll be fun though.

I don't have a whole 770, just a head but anyhow that's been my take.

This is fact. I've been messing around with my HP-CS and the NEO for the last week or so. Decided to fire up that GSI frankenmicron, and it felt almost alien to me. It's such a different animal in control.

Pretty and Shiny, that’s what we luck. Congrats on the new brush, I’m glad you’re happy with it. I have the 290 and I’ve been impressed with the quality right from the moment I opened it up. They a legitimate option that is absolutely worth keeping in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been painting now since around 6 months mostly with a sup-par quasi-airbrush (Sparmax sp-20x). Only today I realized that “it” wasn’t me, but it was the airbrush. Caveat – I have never tasted the fruits of the A-range of airbrushes such as a Micron or an Infinity… my comparison points here are low-grade airbrushes.

I received my ps-270 today, and man, this is quite an upgrade. The first difference that i recognized was the weight: the ps-270 is heavier than my thin Sparmax. Then, the moment I have been waiting for since a long time: Pressing down the trigger. I did, and the lights went on. All my wishes came true in that instance.

Trigger control and smoothness of a Sparmax sp-20x compared to a ps-270 is like comparing the transmission quality of a self-made soapbox running cart to a Cadillac. The Sparmax’s trigger was so rough, I had to work AROUND the trigger, instead of the trigger accommodating to my work objectives. For example, when it came to work on a certain detail, it was like I was loading a huge cannon and pointed it somewhat into the direction of the canvas of where the detail should go… in 3 out of 4 cases, it went bad, and I had to redo the whole thing again. The Sparmax didn’t have only a rough trigger that only appeared to know “on” and “off” (but no levels in between), also the atomization was subterranean.

All of those issues bothered me, but I almost certainly assumed it was me, not the airbrush. The ps-270 now proves me wrong, and I am smiling whilst writing those lines … I am ecstatic! The trigger goes so smo-o-o-o-O-O-O-o-o-o=th. This is how I expected an airbrush to work in the first place. Everything with the ps-270 is so intuitive, it just works, the brush knows what the hand and mind wants to do, and follows seamlessly. This is not just a “upgrade” for me … this is a quantum leap in the order of magnitude.

Now I wonder why I have delayed the purchase for so long…

I have been painting now since around 6 months mostly with a sup-par quasi-airbrush (Sparmax sp-20x). Only today I realized that “it” wasn’t me, but it was the airbrush. Caveat – I have never tasted the fruits of the A-range of airbrushes such as a Micron or an Infinity… my comparison points here are low-grade airbrushes.

I received my ps-270 today, and man, this is quite an upgrade. The first difference that i recognized was the weight: the ps-270 is heavier than my thin Sparmax. Then, the moment I have been waiting for since a long time: Pressing down the trigger. I did, and the lights went on. All my wishes came true in that instance.

Trigger control and smoothness of a Sparmax sp-20x compared to a ps-270 is like comparing the transmission quality of a self-made soapbox running cart to a Cadillac. The Sparmax’s trigger was so rough, I had to work AROUND the trigger, instead of the trigger accommodating to my work objectives. For example, when it came to work on a certain detail, it was like I was loading a huge cannon and pointed it somewhat into the direction of the canvas of where the detail should go… in 3 out of 4 cases, it went bad, and I had to redo the whole thing again. The Sparmax didn’t have only a rough trigger that only appeared to know “on” and “off” (but no levels in between), also the atomization was subterranean.

All of those issues bothered me, but I almost certainly assumed it was me, not the airbrush. The ps-270 now proves me wrong, and I am smiling whilst writing those lines … I am ecstatic! The trigger goes so smo-o-o-o-O-O-O-o-o-o=th. This is how I expected an airbrush to work in the first place. Everything with the ps-270 is so intuitive, it just works, the brush knows what the hand and mind wants to do, and follows seamlessly. This is not just a “upgrade” for me … this is a quantum leap in the order of magnitude.

Now I wonder why I have delayed the purchase for so long…
Now you know why I raved about it so much :)

The ps-270 was my first quality airbrush years back, before that I was using knock offs and sparmax.
First impression was very very good then, a great feel when first tried out.

Back