GSI Procon boy 267 or 270

It's mainly just for fun... just to see what elements are "equivalent" to what. Then partly just for the sake of knowing parts would be available pretty much forever. Sometimes locally.
I could easily see myself losing a needle chuck nut out on a job or something like that

I'm completely guessing at this point but it kind of looks like the seals and needle chucks are more closely related to HPs than CMs
Again i'm just guessing right now

Last edited:
I'm totally I could pick up a 770 or a micron and personally wouldn't be able to tell any performance difference so that part I'll leave to the pros like yourself @DaveG.
The other part is more or less my tinkering, which I enjoy just as much as actually using the stuff.

I'm totally sure I could pick up a 770 or a micron in the same day and personally wouldn't be able to tell any performance difference so that part I'll leave to the pros like yourself @DaveG.
The other part is more or less my tinkering, which I enjoy just as much as actually using the stuff.

And not to get anyobodys hopes up. Even my own. The end goal for me with the 270/289 would be maybe one day to be able to say " this is essentially a hp-bh/CH that you can buy for $100 and later on have the option to upgrade to micron like performance for $85 and basically all the parts have an iwata interchange, so no worries if Mr hobby dissapears"

Sounds nearly perfect to me.
Again, all speculation.

To be honest I have a wide variety of airbrushes ranging from . 15mm to .8mm nozzle, and then can get nice thin lines according to air pressure and paint thinner ratio, microns are great to ha e because fine lines and shading is easier, and I feel if you own a micron you learn discipline and what I mean is patience , cause a lot of paint isn't coming out, basically what I'm saying no matter what eclipse or procon boy you have, you may not need to upgrade them to something that's considered a micron, it would be fun he'll yea, but iwata and creos airbrush all of them perform amazingly and get nice detail, procon boy 289 is a great brush so is the 270, I have those guns and cm sb, harder and steenbeck, etc etc. And I always find myself grabbing my .3mm toricon h3, and .25mm satagraph 3, I feel the gsi creos airbrush have a widerspray pattern, but the cm sb, and holbein actually have a strict pattern in their spray characterisitc, it's actually beautiful, especially the holbein, he shoots like a .2mm, and I know what you mean, I love experimenting to with all my brushes, but sometimes I create a headache for myself from doing something that might not need to be done, is creos airbrushes worth the money yes 100 percent, but so is iwata, etc etc, it comes down to that bond between the brush and your hand, and I like heavy airbrush nice tight action, that's just me

Totally agree! Tbh I could get just as good of linework out of my HF after polishing and centering and krome .33. Occasionally, for all I could tell. It was just 1000 times harder and way more uncomfortable with the HF and they break really easy.
But that's probably my inexperience showing.
Really appreciate your input on that.

Back