H&S evolution air problem

kieran

Young Tutorling
Hi all new here...just got an new H&S silverline and theres air coming our of the nozzle even though im not pressing the trigger...as i said its brand new so what could be the issue...used iwatas for yrs so not used to H and S guns

I would start by disassembling and reassembling the whole brush, making sure all of the seals are where they should be and things are moving correctly. Pay special attention to the air valve under the trigger. That's really the only place air could get through.

my H&S does that every now and then, drove me mad constant air to me is when fragment of dried paint or foreign object not allowing needle to seat in nozzle, I used a fine polishing cloth and polished needle also, but mine is one of there cheaper models, seems to have done the trick hope this helps that's just my experience. peace

my H&S does that every now and then, drove me mad constant air to me is when fragment of dried paint or foreign object not allowing needle to seat in nozzle, I used a fine polishing cloth and polished needle also, but mine is one of there cheaper models, seems to have done the trick hope this helps that's just my experience. peace
just for clarification, the needle and nozzle have nothing to do with airflow through an airbrush. Needle and nozzle are about the paint. Air flows through the brush body, fills the head spaces, and then flows out over the nozzle, and needle tip.

If air is coming out of the brush when the trigger is not depressed, there is an obstruction to the seal in the air valve. Could be dirt, debris, or sometimes the valve retaining screw may have backed out, and there is a lack of spring pressure on the valve stem.

As Dave said, if there is air coming out without you pushing the trigger down, the valve is stuck open. I’d start with the simplest fix and add a small amount of lube to the top of the piston and work it a few times. That works when I have that same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just for clarification, the needle and nozzle have nothing to do with airflow through an airbrush. Needle and nozzle are about the paint. Air flows through the brush body, fills the head spaces, and then flows out over the nozzle, and needle tip.

If air is coming out of the brush when the trigger is not depressed, there is an obstruction to the seal in the air valve. Could be dirt, debris, or sometimes the valve retaining screw may have backed out, and there is a lack of spring pressure on the valve stem.
well it worked for me, anyways like i said thats just my experience, which is limited lmao... crawls back in corner and leave it to the big boys

Back