H&S Infinity CR+ issues

Stu Dale

Double Actioner
Hi, I have a brand new Infinity that I just started using yesterday and for couple of hours today but I have had to strip it down twice already. The needle packing nut keeps coming undone allowing paint back into the trigger area and handle. Is this a common issue? Something that has very rarely happened to my Iwata's and never from brand new.

Hi, I have a brand new Infinity that I just started using yesterday and for couple of hours today but I have had to strip it down twice already. The needle packing nut keeps coming undone allowing paint back into the trigger area and handle. Is this a common issue? Something that has very rarely happened to my Iwata's and never from brand new.
Calling tech support ... aka known as @DaveG lol

I don't think it is a common issue but the needle packing nut does get lose eventually on all airbrushes. Maybe someone took the nut out for whatever reason and didn't tighten it properly. Make sure that the PTFE seals; all 3 of them are in place and just tighten it. Issue resolved. :thumbsup:

Doesn’t seem like it could keep coming undone. It’s a threaded sleeve. I would have to guess it was never screwed in from the factory if it’s a brand new brush. They sell a special tool for removing it, though one could be made by modifying a small flat head screwdriver.

Doesn’t seem like it could keep coming undone. It’s a threaded sleeve. I would have to guess it was never screwed in from the factory if it’s a brand new brush. They sell a special tool for removing it, though one could be made by modifying a small flat head screwdriver.

Or from the shop. I know that some shops do strip airbrushes and sell the parts if a customer needs a part that they ran out. They will usually replace it when they receive the parts. End up didn't screw it back properly.

I don't think it is a common issue but the needle packing nut does get lose eventually on all airbrushes. Maybe someone took the nut out for whatever reason and didn't tighten it properly. Make sure that the PTFE seals; all 3 of them are in place and just tighten it. Issue resolved. :thumbsup:

Yes, stripped it down for the first time last night (Have all the correct tools) all 3 seals were there, very tightly packed and didn't separate, tightened up to what I would have done with my other brushes, but became loose again today and allowed paint to pass backwards. I have tightened it again to tighter than I would like, the needle does not quite return how I would like but it's not passing at the moment.
Don't recall ever having one of these come loose before while in use. I have several Iwata's a couple of Aerograph Super 63's and a Vega 2000 but it's my first H&S. Maybe it was just badly adjusted initially and I didn't do it tight enough yesterday. I will have another go tomorrow if I get time.

Last edited:
Yes, stripped it down for the first time last night (Have all the correct tools) all 3 seals were there, very tightly packed and didn't separate, tightened up to what I would have done with my other brushes, but became loose again today and allowed paint to pass backwards. I have tightened it again to tighter than I would like, the needle does not quite return how I would like but it's not passing at the moment.

Due to the triple seal, if it is brand new, it is very tight and the needle don't quite return as sharply - Yip, sounds familiar. I experienced that myself. Instead of not tightening it enough, I put some Vaseline on the needle (mid section - through the cup opening) and tighten the needle spring. It should help.

Edit: Ah you have an Iwata, you can use the lubricant.

I have found that the three seal set up can be a pain in the "arse" on these brushes. If they get compressed, they will not return to original size, and can not be adjusted more. I generally remove a small amount of the lip from the front of the retaining screw - enough to expose about half of the first seal. Can be done on a piece of fine sandpaper on a flat surface. Rotate the screw every few strokes to try to keep it even... I've actually done away with the set up all together on the one Infinity I do use, and replaced it with a solid retaining screw, and o-ring seal.

Last edited:
if it’s the blue iwata lube then chuck it in you toolbox, that stuff has no place being anywhere near an airbrush :mad:

:laugh: I don't have an Iwata - yet so I would not know. Maybe I will try the super lube on my cheap iwata clone when I get it and see what are the horror stories about.

Back