Harder steenbeck vs iwata I need feedback asapp!

Nailbender

Double Actioner
Hello all I am bringing my dilema to brighter minds than mine. I'm about to spend a few hundred$ at Amazon on a new air brush. I've narrowed it down to 2. H&S evolution silverline 2 in 1 w/ 2 nozzle & needle sets .2 & .4 and two cups as well... or the iwata hp-c+ I am honestly torn and really need some objective wisdom as well as personal experience/preference PLEASE! Thank you all so much. Oh the vendor is spraygunner and both models are gravity feed.

I don’t have experience with either brush I’m afraid Nailbender. Some general info I know is that H&S Nozzles have a habit of being fragile and easy to split. But I couldn’t say that’s the case for the ones with this kit. The Iwata HP-C Has a fantastic reputation and is a close relative of an industry champion. Could possible check YouTube for any “comparison” videos?

I have the H&S Evolution CR-plus 2 in 1 (0.2 / 0.4mm) set as my very first and one and only airbrush. This one comes with a full set of ptfe seals, not sure the Silverline does though.

I am extremely happy with it and it paints fantastically. The best part is that all spares for it are very, very much cheaper than Iwata.

I ordered my 2nd brush a week or so ago from Japan (GSI Creos PS-770) via Amazon for 155GBP. This is equivalent to an Iwata CM-C+which are around 450 - 500GBP.

And as luck would have it, it has just arrived at my door today! Was originally scheduled for 9 Nov. Happy days...

I have the H&S Evolution CR-plus 2 in 1 (0.2 / 0.4mm) set as my very first and one and only airbrush. This one comes with a full set of ptfe seals, not sure the Silverline does though.

I am extremely happy with it and it paints fantastically. The best part is that all spares for it are very, very much cheaper than Iwata.

I ordered my 2nd brush a week or so ago from Japan (GSI Creos PS-770) via Amazon for 155GBP. This is equivalent to an Iwata CM-C+which are around 450 - 500GBP.

And as luck would have it, it has just arrived at my door today! Was originally scheduled for 9 Nov. Happy days...
Saweet!

Forgot to add that H&S is a cinch to clean and the nozzle is much bigger than Iwata, therefore probably easier/safer to handle when you have to.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the higher tier Evolution or Infinity brushes.

But we are all individuals and handle/feel equipment differently, thus dome get on with one make better than another.

Don't forget pics....and if course....we all wanna know your opinion once you've had a chance at using it a little

Hahshaaa thanks @Robbyrockett2 , I was sat at my dinning table around lunch time, heard letterbox go and could not be arsed to get up and pick any mail up so carried on and ignored it all.

Wife comes home from work and she said "have you ordered anything?"
erm No only my brush due November.
"well this envelope has 'Parcel over fence gate' written on it"

Hahaha so i run round to back gate and there on the floor is a dmall cardboard box - from Japan!

So I am watching football (LEEDS UTD) tonight and will get round to pics and of course a side by side spray test with my Evolution CRplus (which by the way has got its original nozzle and needle fitted back in and working perfectly - go figure).
So at least I have new spares.

Forgot to add that H&S is a cinch to clean and the nozzle is much bigger than Iwata, therefore probably easier/safer to handle when you have to.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the higher tier Evolution or Infinity brushes.

But we are all individuals and handle/feel equipment differently, thus dome get on with one make better than another.
I thought the evolution silverline was the top of the evolution line?

the H&S has a trigger action that really needs getting used to and it is real hard for a beginner to find the sweet spot with that trigger setup the Iwata HP series is more user friendly but Iwata parts are not cheap
tests on this forum have proven the mr hobby airbrushes are just as good as the Iwata and if I was to start and buy my first airbrush I would buy one

I thought the evolution silverline was the top of the evolution line?

The differences between Evolution Silverline and CR-plus is the Silverline has a needle control knob on end of brush handle, the CR-plus does not. Also the silverline is single chromed finish wheras the CR-plus has tripple finish to stop any reaction to Zinc some peeps have. It also has full set of 'ptfe' seals throughout, the Silverline does (or did) not.

The top range H&S is the Infinity.

Back