Harder steenbeck vs iwata I need feedback asapp!

I have another question sir, if you don't mind. If you had a choice between hp-cplus and the hp highline-ch which would you choose? This is an investment firm me and I want to make a decision based on what I will need going forward, not necessarily based on my skill level today... if that makes sense?

I have only used the HP series and it depends on what you plan to paint I for one love the 0.2 set up over a 0.3 or 0.5 nozzle set up and my first airbrush was the HP SB+ 0.2 nozzle it never gave me any trouble with the paint I use and that was Etac PS at first but I switched to Etac efx as soon as I started to practice painting portraits

What is the industry champion?
Closest would be the Anniversary model from Coast. They’re so similar though it wouldn’t really matter which one you decided to go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go with a c plus.
The bulit in Mac is another feature some people like, some hate.
You can always add an inline Mac but you can't really get rid of a built in.
I prefer them, but many do not.
This is good advice, I have one brush with a Mac valve and one without. The Mac does get used and I also hold onto it. But I don’t miss it on the brush that doesn’t have one. So it’s really up to you, whichever one calls to you a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
HP-C+ and a good external Mac valve with a quick connect.
That will mean as you get more brushes you dont need to get the ones with built in MAC valves. cheaper that way. I see way more cons than pros when the inbuilt mac valves are mentioned.

I'm really grateful for all the feedback... i did go with the top of the line Mr. Hobby. I was looking for the best brsh i could get for the budget I set of about $200. I got it for $205 and spent another $100 on some shields and stencils and such.
When it arrives on Tuesday I'll post some pics ... Thanks everyone. This forum is really an amazing find!

If youda just asked the best $200 brush there is it would have been much much simpler ...doubt you'd get any argument. it's the 770.
Well now I know ... I'm probably going to order another brush as well for the convince of using two colors but I'm really excited to get a real, high quality brush. Last night was my first attempt at a portrait and I used a harbor freight $16 POS and was thoroughly discussed with my result. It was a monotone practice run on scratch material but the inconsistency of the tool as well as my relative inexperience was a recipe for a disappointment, not to mention I using a rapid technique that works well in pencil but not so much with an air brush... I'll show you if you want but it's nothing I'm proud of yet, but soon I'll be well on my way... I think I need just a few practical fundamental techniques that I can build on and I'll be ok.

Not that it matters now, but personally, the H&S AL Plus is my go to detail brush. Easiest to clean and maintain, and more versatile as the 2 in 1. .2mm is outstanding for detail work and the .4mm can really lay down the paint when doing backgrounds and larger paintings.

I have the H&S Evolution CR-plus 2 in 1 (0.2 / 0.4mm) set as my very first and one and only airbrush. This one comes with a full set of ptfe seals, not sure the Silverline does though.

I am extremely happy with it and it paints fantastically. The best part is that all spares for it are very, very much cheaper than Iwata.

I ordered my 2nd brush a week or so ago from Japan (GSI Creos PS-770) via Amazon for 155GBP. This is equivalent to an Iwata CM-C+which are around 450 - 500GBP.

And as luck would have it, it has just arrived at my door today! Was originally scheduled for 9 Nov. Happy days...

What is the purpose for pfte seals?

I noticed there was reference to a Mr. Hobby brush and a "770". Just wondering which model and what make respectively. Thanks!

Are those Mr. Hobby ones on par with the HP-C or H&S Evolution? Or are they just really good for how much they cost?

Back