Hello everybody

D

Dirty5thirty

Hi everyone! My name is Jack and I live in Chico, CA, USA.

I recently purchased a bunch of used airbrushing equipment.
I have an Iwata HP-BCS, Iwata HP-BCR, TurboAir GP-70 and so far my personal favorite, Harder&Steenbeck Evolution Silverline 2 in 1. I use an Iwata Sprint Jet IS-800 compressor.

The only paints I have used ran so far are Createx, Wicked and Candy2o.

I am brand new to airbrushing, but have been lurking here for a while. I previously did aerosol(rattle can) and acrylic on canvas, as well as charcoal or colored pencil drawings.

I am currently freehand airbrushing on canvas using water based paints, but would eventually like to diversify my medium as I advance in skill. I look forward to learning from you all and helping where/when I can!

Welcome, glad you stopped lurking.
If you’ve been lurking then you know how we roll around here. Got a problem then ask away :)
Post up pics of your work if you’re having composition/technique issues and if it’s equipment related then provide as much info as possible like what paint/reduction /psi/ brush make and model, needle size etc :)

I tried adding an album of my "work" so far to member galleries. As I stated, I am brand new to this, so it's far from good. I'm not sure if that's the proper way to post my art. So I guess I'll put it here as well. Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated.20191123_230723_compress38.jpg 20191123_230122_compress34.jpg 20191123_231411_compress34.jpg 20191123_133145_compress1.jpg

Nobody is good when we first start out. How quickly you improve comes down to practise, dedication, asking questions and being able to accept advice and guidance.
If there was a particular picture that gave you grief then maybe start a thread with that pic stating what issues you had or what you’d like help with. We’ve a wide range of skill levels around here.

with what you’ve posted I’d maybe say a bit of practise with shading and blending, small steps

Welcome to the forum, There are a lot of peeps who lurk in the background however its always better when they finally take the plunge and join in for real just like you have. If you need help try the search facility first as pretty much every issue will have been covered but if your having trouble finding an answer then post it up. There's usually someone not far away as we have a global bunch of members.

Lee

Welcome Jack! Glad you chose to join in, it really was the best move I made to help me advance. I’d still be making a big ole mess every time without the lessons I’ve learnt here. I dig the Ghostrider piece you’ve done, he’s a cool character. An early piece of advice I was given was to try not “outline” too much unless you want a kind of animated feel. Think about where the light is coming from, where the shadows would be and lightly add those. But like the rest of us, you’ve already done great as soon as you had paint coming out in the direction you wanted it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back