For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Hello from California

Discussion in 'Introductions!' started by Dean Pachano, May 19, 2015.

1. Dean Pachano

Dean Pachano Young Tutorling

Name is Dean.

I'm an airbrush noob. Picked up a Badger Krome and Paasche D3000R about a month ago for painting miniatures.

After a month a have come to realize that I am a lowly Padawan in need of the wisdom of airbrush Jedi's. I struggle to get results that I know that airbrushing promises. So I will be browsing the forums and then posting for advise and hopefully one day helping others with my own knowledge :)
  2. wmlepage

wmlepage Elite Member! Elite Member!

Welcome to the forum from NH. You have a great brush for miniatures. It takes a lot of practice to get proficient with your paint/reduction ratio/air mix and once you do your trigger control has probably caught up. I myself am starting to notice I don't think about those things much at all anymore. But it's almost been 3 years. Patience young Jedi. :)
    Dean Pachano likes this.
  3. Greg Geilman

Greg Geilman Detail Decepticon!

Welcome from Texas Dean! I am hoping to use mine for miniatures and terrain also.
    Dean Pachano likes this.
  4. Firepriest

Firepriest Diligent Daggerstroker

Welcome from the UK.:thumbsup:
    Dean Pachano likes this.
  5. Dean Pachano

Dean Pachano Young Tutorling

Thanks Wayne,

You hit the nail on the head on where I suspect my frustrations are (paint/reduction ratio/air mix). I just thought it would be easy with the Badger Minitaire paints but my experience so far is that without knowing what I'm doing I'm getting frustrating results - spatter, no flow when trying to do fine detail...etc. But I'll wait to post outside of the intro thread to get into my frustrations. Just know that I am determined and patient to learn how to do it right. So far I've been practicing/experimenting on low cost miniatures.
  6. wmlepage

wmlepage Elite Member! Elite Member!

Never used the minitaire paints. I do illustration and work on metal/bikes/cars. Usually that comes down to not enough reduction or not enough air pressure. The more you reduce the less air pressure you want. I run very over reduced and then run maybe 15 psi or less . Sometimes as low as 5 psi or so. Depends on the piece. This is with an Iwata Micron but similar results can be had with the krome in time.
  7. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Code Dragon Slayer Admin

Welcome from Canada :)
  8. Boltcase

Boltcase Detail Decepticon!

You should be happy with the Krome, its a great brush. All my pics are with the Krome so far. Welcome from just north of ya in Washington :)
  9. splasha

splasha Detail Decepticon!

Welcome from the other side of the world, Australia!
    Most of us here use water-based acrylics that'll stick to just about anything.
    The Krome is a great brush, and with practice - yes, it is a time thing - you'll soon be amazing even yourself.
    I kid you not!