hello from CT!

fireartist85

Double Actioner
Good evening. A little late with the introduction but here goes. My name is Matt. I live in CT and have been a professional automotive painter for 16 years. Been drawing and messing around with an airbrush for as long as I can remember. I worked at a well known airbrush shop in our state for 8 years working as the painter while also doing bodywork, buffing, detailing, and ceramic coating when not in the booth. I never really got to do any airbrushing while there, the boss was the artist and that was that. The shop took a turn from doing primarily motorcyles and cars to getting into the fine art world, i.e. sculptures. I had the opportunity to work for artists such as Jeff Koones, Dan Colen and Robert Indiana. Our shop was the primary for painting Indiana's HOPE statues for most of the time I was at the shop until the artists' passing a few years back. Our shop also did the bodywork and paint on the Playdoh sculptures for Jeff Koones. While the work was different, it wasn't what I was passionate about. I left the shop to go to a very high end collision facility that is only ten minutes from home as opposed to an hour away at the previous shop. Now that I have the extra time with not commuting and working extra crazy hours, I've since gotten into kayak fishing and have a renewed passion for artwork and airbrushing that I had previously lost. I'm not doing it for the money, just because I love it. Trying to slowly build up my skills and get where I should have been many years ago skill level wise. I look forward to seeing everyone elses work and learning as much as I can, and hopefully along the way i might be able to help someone else with something. Thanks!

Welcome from Australia, I look forward to seeing some artwork from you.
your experience and exposure to talented artists it shouldn't be to long before we see jaw dropping art works from you :)

Welcome to the forum Matt, I'm sure your Spraying knowledge and experience will be of use for some of us here and we will help with the airbrush side where we can.

Lee

Hi, and welcome from the UK. Sounds like you have a lot of experience and advice to offer, and you'll 100% have that returned by the talent here.

Good evening. A little late with the introduction but here goes. My name is Matt. I live in CT and have been a professional automotive painter for 16 years. Been drawing and messing around with an airbrush for as long as I can remember. I worked at a well known airbrush shop in our state for 8 years working as the painter while also doing bodywork, buffing, detailing, and ceramic coating when not in the booth. I never really got to do any airbrushing while there, the boss was the artist and that was that. The shop took a turn from doing primarily motorcyles and cars to getting into the fine art world, i.e. sculptures. I had the opportunity to work for artists such as Jeff Koones, Dan Colen and Robert Indiana. Our shop was the primary for painting Indiana's HOPE statues for most of the time I was at the shop until the artists' passing a few years back. Our shop also did the bodywork and paint on the Playdoh sculptures for Jeff Koones. While the work was different, it wasn't what I was passionate about. I left the shop to go to a very high end collision facility that is only ten minutes from home as opposed to an hour away at the previous shop. Now that I have the extra time with not commuting and working extra crazy hours, I've since gotten into kayak fishing and have a renewed passion for artwork and airbrushing that I had previously lost. I'm not doing it for the money, just because I love it. Trying to slowly build up my skills and get where I should have been many years ago skill level wise. I look forward to seeing everyone elses work and learning as much as I can, and hopefully along the way i might be able to help someone else with something. Thanks!

I'm in Central CT. Just got an airbrush last week. Intimidated by it so far. I got it to do model planes and rockets but I've been experimenting with basic artwork stuff to gain control.

Back