Hello from the Moon

W

wazzawood

Hey Earthlings,

Well after years of saying how airbrushing isn't for me, how copying photos isn't creative enough, how my art teachers wouldn't approve of it, the endless skulls and flames, flames and skulls; skulls, flames and a chick, flames, flames, skulls and a flaming skull...

Here I flaming am on this flaming forum. I have been living on another planet.

Like anything, I'm sort of, hoping, you master the skills first, then you can use them creatively. Didn't Picasso master the hand in before getting funky? Must have been f***ing agony drawing hands for 8 years.

So I've been doing lines and double-actioning in the shed for the last week, alone, (now there's a sentence I'm proud of) and I can see this going places. So maybe some of you going through the same learning curve can help me out, and maybe, just maybe, I can give you some useless and incorrect tips as well :)

Here's my first freehand eye. Thanks Airbrushtutor for the vids. I'm lost without you :cool:

IMG557-1-1.jpg

Really great to see so many of you from all around the world. I love travelling and when someone says they're in Norway or Canada or anywhere else I love, I do admit I get a bit excited.

Now to think of a signature that's not going to get old too fast. Wish me luck.

Wazza
Canberra, Aus

Hold it.....had to adjust the translator....%6435^&756^&8*77&*78887656......
Welcome from earth...Well Canada anyways...lol
This is a great site with great specimens...

Zabba bwappp bwappp trotttttterrrrrr.

Which on my planet means, "My tractor has a flat"
But I believe it's correct moon language for, "Welcome to earth"

Hello and welcome from the US, they must have put something in the water because artists are multiplying and popping up from all over the world!

Thanks for all the friendly hellos! you know, through my telescope you all look like crazies.

I'll fit right in.

PS Foreveryoung001 ... Should I roll those Rs in "trotttttterrrrrr"? At least that would sound like a tractor.

PS Foreveryoung001 ... Should I roll those Rs in "trotttttterrrrrr"? At least that would sound like a tractor.

The R's are actually silent.... in fact, that word is actually pronounced "smith" LOL

Yeah, you'll fit right in. LOL

in fact, that word is actually pronounced "smith"

And "Zabba bwappp bwappp" is pronounced "Anna Nicole"?

Yep, I'd yell that if my tractor had a flat. In the middle of nowhere. Question is.. would she appear, with a spare and a pump?

Welcome from Melbourne, au…. Sorry I ‘m not in a more exotic location ha! ….

Which part of the moon are you from? I frequent other star systems, we may have met. lol :moon:

Thanks CA.. I'm from a particularly harsh, hostile and desolate expanse of the remote reaches known as Canberra. Not all that far from you. Go Freo, by the way.

haha!!

Nice eye too. good work you got going there already.

what airbrush and setup are you using?

check out some of the art in this forum too, it's crazy. Seriously eye-popping!

Welcome home , I live on the dark side of the moon so maybe we are neighbors :D

Nice to have you here and like any form of art you have to practice

Welcome to earth, moonling! How's the lunar rover doing? Is the battery holding up? Art is a universal language here on earth and apparently on the moon too! LOL

Welcome from New York, good to have you here.

Cheryl

Well now I really feel welcome! And special thanks to moderator Mr.Micron, even if you're a dark sider!

Currently using a VEGA 1500 (gravity fed), SpectraTex opaques, and a great big compressor a few inches from my left ear. Luckily the tank is a whopper so I just let it fill up then get comfortable and get busy. By the time it's ready for a top up I'm ready for a stretch anyway. Haven't had wrist problems since I was 16.

I've got a sweet little gravity fed Badger I'm yet to try out, couldn't tell you what model. I'm hoping to get on top of this Vega first. Learn to drive the Ford before hopping in the BMW. Just about ready to watch the tip-dry solution vid. I'm starting to do the 'unscrew cap - clean tip - replace cap' ritual in my sleep.

Well now I really feel welcome! And special thanks to moderator Mr.Micron, even if you're a dark sider!

Currently using a VEGA 1500 (gravity fed), SpectraTex opaques, and a great big compressor a few inches from my left ear. Luckily the tank is a whopper so I just let it fill up then get comfortable and get busy. By the time it's ready for a top up I'm ready for a stretch anyway. Haven't had wrist problems since I was 16.

I've got a sweet little gravity fed Badger I'm yet to try out, couldn't tell you what model. I'm hoping to get on top of this Vega first. Learn to drive the Ford before hopping in the BMW. Just about ready to watch the tip-dry solution vid. I'm starting to do the 'unscrew cap - clean tip - replace cap' ritual in my sleep.

Cap??? Oh that thing I only put on when I am storing the airbrush for the night...LOL

Yes water base equals tip dry but than again I have gotten tip dry with urethane paint too..
But jump in the BMW and drive it like you stole it:D

Aaahhhh not the cap. .. or.. Maybe it is the cap? The thingy you unscrew then rub the dry paint off the needle tip then screw back on then forget where you were up to.

The VEGA is going pretty well, I'm just trying to get a bit more of a natural feel to it. We're working on our relationship. I can't quite do the finer detail stuff, as all the practice I've been doing is just Mitch's double-actioning and intensities. When I can write my name (with the airbrush!) (and make it look pretty) I'll be happy.

Wouldn't know anything about driving stolen cars. Deeeefinately not. No sir-ee...

Welcome mate. This is the place you want to be to pleasure your eyeballs. At the end of the night we all throw our keys in a basket and see where the adventure takes us.
I won't lie, the female to male ratio on here is not good. Soooo you're more likely to look back and see Mr Meth ( he was caught last year with duplicate keys) gurning at you but heyho.

welcome anyway bud.

Careful wazzawood, there's a bunch of nut bars on this planet LOL welcome aboard from Calgary

Welcome from the uk Wazza, you will fit in well here, there's lots of talent and experience to help you on your AB journey.

Lee

Back