Hello World

adamdone

Young Tutorling
My name is Adam Done from Michigan.
I am an acrylic painter, instgram @o.k.adam I am going to add the airbrush to my arsenal.
I don't know when I will make the purchases but I am going to obtain a GSI Creos' PS-770 or PS-771, i like the chrome finish. I just don't know if I need a tank with the compressor, I know the Iwata CM-C+ says it requires a tank but Iwata does not have a compressor with a tank. So my question is, does the PS-770 benefit from a tank, it says linear is fine. And what is the PSI range that the PS-770 operates under for best performance. I will be using Goldens' High Flow line of paint and medium. I am using Golden products now and this is my preference. Anything else I should look into as for a moisture filter since the PS-770 does not come with one like CM-C+ does. What are the preferred hoses, connections and such that people like. Obviously I know that I am diving into the deep-end with this model or a similar one. But I am just looking to include that extra detail and effects in my acrylic brush work. This is hobby but its also fine art that I would like to make money from, won't quit my day job anytime soon. So yes It's my first airbrush, so Iwata is not the best financial investment right now, although I wonder about getting replacement parts for the GSI Creos', any other thoughts or suggestions for me?

Welcome Adam. A compressor with a tank makes for a better painting experience regardless of what brush is attached. Without a tank it’s not uncommon to have almost pulsing in the air output that shows in the paint. To get you started there are some small units that will totally do the job available from retailers. Spraygunner.com to a great job of supplying the US and they’re totally available to answer questions and steer you in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum, Iwata do have a compressor with a tank. its the PowerJet Pro. The PS770 or 771 is a great airbrush and parts are readily available so nothing to worry about there. Any in line filter should work, and as for hoses, I prefer braided hoses, someone else might prefer the vinyl hoses, its your choice.

Lee

I will be using spraygunners.com for the airbrush.
Ill think I missed that Iwata compressor. My price range is ~$200 and I think your right about wanting a tank. And braided is nice.

Welcome aboard from Australia.
Spraygunner is awesome, let him know what you want your end result to be and he’ll guide your purchase without hard selling something you don’t need.

don’t bother with anything without a tank or there will be tears at tea-time down the track. If you have a workshop style of compressor and noise isn’t a problem then you can always use that :)
Yes I’d recommend a moisture trap. With the air hose as long as you get the right ends for your compressor and airbrush then as said above it’s down to personal choice.

Back