Hello~

Hello and welcome from the uk. Without knowing your budget, I recommend getting the best you can afford, without going toward the top end - unless money isn't an object. Top end brushes are awesome but parts are expensive to replace and as a beginner you may damage something. The cheap knock offs really are not worth getting, a branded brush even a lower end one, will be infinitely better. The cheap brushes don't work well, if at all, and certainly don't last long. They will make it much harder to learn. Even if you have to wait a few weeks to get a little money together, it is better than buying cheap and then throwing it away as that's just money wasted.

What type of painting are you interested in? This could affect your choice of brush, and whether you want gravity, side or suction feed.

Hi, and Welcome from Australia.
You are in the right place for help for anything airbrush.
Firstly - What sort of thing are you into?
Airbrushing covers a huge spectrum - from minature models to multi-storey buildings to interior decor, so it's necessary to decide on what you wish to do
with your airbrush.
Secondly - Once you know what you wish to do, then you need to find the paint that's right for the job. These things have a huge impact on the type and style of airbrush you need.
Generally, as with all things, the better quality stuff is going to be the more expensive - but don't let this get under your skin.
There are many makers that have intro end models and are great to use.
As for paints - I find that you'll need to experiment to find ones that work for both you and you're gear.
Please feel free to post any questions or ask for ideas or help, after all WE ALL STARTED OUT LIKE YOU, and we're glad to help out.
Enjoy your journey and your art as well.:):):thumbsup:

Hello and welcome from the uk. Without knowing your budget, I recommend getting the best you can afford, without going toward the top end - unless money isn't an object. Top end brushes are awesome but parts are expensive to replace and as a beginner you may damage something. The cheap knock offs really are not worth getting, a branded brush even a lower end one, will be infinitely better. The cheap brushes don't work well, if at all, and certainly don't last long. They will make it much harder to learn. Even if you have to wait a few weeks to get a little money together, it is better than buying cheap and then throwing it away as that's just money wasted.

What type of painting are you interested in? This could affect your choice of brush, and whether you want gravity, side or suction feed.
My budjet is 100usd for a compressor, and I think I am getting an Iwata NEO since is at 55usd or so. So if anyone can recommend me a compressor around that price it would be nice.

I am interested in using an airbrush for minitures. Paint wise I am thinking of Vallejo air series.
Sorry for the bad grammar.

Welcome to the forum. I've never used the Neo, so I can't comment on it. I use the Eclipse and the Micron. If you are going to be painting miniatures, you will eventually want to get yourself a Micron for real tiny work. As for the compressor, if you don't mind the noise, you can get yourself a cheap compressor, but make sure you get yourself a good regulator and a filter. A pistol grip filter attached to the bottom of the airbrush will also be good as a secondary filter so that water doesn't get into your airbrush. Can't wait to see you up and running. :)

Welcome to the forum,For a compressor will noise be an Issue? If not you can get one at the local Hardware store home Improvement store (not sure what you have in Japan?) I think @Nada uses a Neo If so I'm sure he will help you out

Welcome to the forum,For a compressor will noise be an Issue? If not you can get one at the local Hardware store home Improvement store (not sure what you have in Japan?) I think @Nada uses a Neo If so I'm sure he will help you out
Nope but i had one... for about a week. If that says anything. They actually spray great, it is also a.pita to remove the nozzle.

Iwata eclipse fan here.. own a bcs sbs and cs, also have a badger anthem, olympos micron and a krome packed up in its box.
As soon as i get a little more time on the Anthem i will be writing a review.

As for the original poster, if you can manage it, i.would.skip.the neo.in favor of.an.iwata eclipse.
Or being you are in Japan look into Olympos.

Ohh and welcome to the forum!

As for my mention of Olympos, they are fantastic airbrushes. Quality second to none. Iwata makes fantastic brushes. I would think being in Japan you could score a deal. I know it is cheaper to order direct from Japan then buy here, many on this forum have done so! And seeing as the Neo is NOT made by Iwata or in Japan..

It is not a bad brush, but it is not the same material standards of their other brushes.

Have fun on your new journey and act like your family around here!

Ohh and welcome to the forum!

As for my mention of Olympos, they are fantastic airbrushes. Quality second to none. Iwata makes fantastic brushes. I would think being in Japan you could score a deal. I know it is cheaper to order direct from Japan then buy here, many on this forum have done so! And seeing as the Neo is NOT made by Iwata or in Japan..

It is not a bad brush, but it is not the same material standards of their other brushes.

Have fun on your new journey and act like your family around here!
Got a compressor to recommend for a newbie? Something that won't kill my wallet

Back