Hello...!!!

philip Burr

Young Tutorling
Hello everyone,
Im Phil. I have been a modeler since I was 5.

Ive been using an airbrush since about the age of around 11 or 12 in the late 70's. The first brush I owned was a Badger 250 which barely lasted a week of use and mom had to shell out some bucks for a sweet 150 and compressor! I had a 20 year Naval career and now in College full time. Over the years I have amassed quite a few airbrushes, not out of need, but because I find them interesting. They include various Badgers, Efbe, Hansa, Harder & Steenbeck, Iwata, Olympos, Paasche, Thayer & Chandler, and Wold. I'm currently using an Iwata Studio Series compressor with an old Badger compressor as a standby. Standing by for what, I don't know!

I shoot model specific paints, but much prefer enamels over acrylics. I have also amassed a rather large collection of paints alone. I even have most of the original Humbrol Authentic Color military series from the 70's when I was a kid. Yes, they are still good! I prefer the fine pigments of Humbrol, but I get lazy sometimes with having to mix shades I want and use others as well. Besides Humbrol, I use White Ensign Colourcoats, Testers, Tamiya, GSI/Creos/Mr. Color, Polly Scale, Floquil Military Colors, Vallejo, and recently started experimenting with Hataka lacquers.

I wanted to join the group to have another resource aid for spraying technique and equipment. I'm sure I'm not the only modeler here....:)

Welcome to the forum from indiana usa..thanks for your 20 years of service! There are quite a few modelers on this forum. Any questions just ask and someone will help out.. post some pics of your work too

Welcome from the U.K. Philip. You’re definitely not the only modeller here, we have a few member who paint models. Feel free to post up some pictures of models you’ve painted, we love seeing all kinds of different work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Australia :)

Around here it doesn’t matter what you paint as long as you throw paint at something once in awhile and show us some pretty pictures then we’re happy

Are you anywhere close to Wold?
Yes, not far at all... same city. Unfortunately they are very non-communicative... I personally wouldn't pursue any brushes from them... given the history of the brush it's sad... I'm not sure I know anyone who uses one of the modern ones.

Look, a parcel from New Zealand! What ever could it be? ;)

241F4C5C-0D29-4F10-AFC7-2272FC4CEE3B_zpsqwdqqkok.jpeg

Hello from Las Vegas! Im pretty new here myself. I build 1/25 slot drag cars from model kits. I am very tempted to get into some military model builds, but I have a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment.

Back