Help me trouble shoot my compressor problems

O

OldTimeAir

I have a Paasche D3000R compressor I bought second hand. The person I bought it from didn't have any history on it because he bought it in a lot sale with a bunch of other stuff. I only paid $60.00 so I figured if it needed some repair that was worth the trouble.

Sure enough it needs some work. It runs fine but I think there are two issues with it. When I try to adjust the air pressure with the regulator nothing happens, the needle doesn't move. It just pumps up to 60 psi. awn on... That brings me to the second issue. It won't shut off. It will pump right on up to 60 psi and keep going if I let it. I haven't let it go higher. So I am thinking the pressure cut off switch is stuck or broken.

So, with that said I am thinking of the following:
1. New regulator
2. Replace the pressure shut off switch ( if anyone knows how to do that or buy a replacement I would appreciate that)
3. The power switch has three positions, off, on and on...? Not sure if this is related to the automatic shut off.? The switch has a O for off, above it it has a - (horizontal line) and below it it has two - (horizontal Lines) . See the little text diagram below for what it looks like on the switch.

-
O
-
-

I am also wondering if the bad regulator may have a bearing on the pressure shut off switch?

Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks

Thanks Mr. Micron. I have seen it before, it' not very helpful for what I am trying to figure out. There isn't much of anything on the web about this compressor and almost zero parts to order. I may have to just give Paasche a call if I can't get a new pressure shut off switch somewhere.

Thanks

You can get a pressure switch at most hardware stores in the plumbing section there pretty easy to install and set up

I thought I would wrap this thread with my results, in case anyone else has issues with their compressor like I have. Now that I have replaced the regulator on the compressor all is well. I can dial in my pressure no problems and the compressor shuts itself down once the tank is at pressure. All is good, for now.

Thanks

Back