HELP! need a part for a compressor

J

Jonny Dexter

Does anyone know where ican get one of these in the UK ?

34230.jpg

It is off a AS186 ( i believe, the one with the tank on it). i can only find a supplier in Germany and was hoping that someone somewhere stocked these in the UK.
Any help appreciated.

I did a little search and found that the AS186 is probably the same as this TC-20T. I have found this compressor for sale but not a parts list. Maybe the guy that made this video can send you in the right direction. If you watch on the youtube website you can ask questions there.

Only found same german supplier for the pressure switch as well. I would contact the manufacturer. The thing is with these cheap single pistons is often even replacing the switch, they won't always work. They aren't meant to last a long time or be used for a long period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only found same german supplier for the pressure switch as well. I would contact the manufacturer. The thing is with these cheap single pistons is often even replacing the switch, they won't always work. They aren't meant to last a long time or be used for a long period.

I agree with this IM, I have the same compressor although it doesn't have the same name it looks exactly the same, I've had it for about two years and as yet haven't had any problems with it, I only paid around $70 for it, on that basis if anything does go wrong I would just buy another one complete, I think by the time you've ordered the part and paid the postage assuming it can be found at all, it would probably end up costing close to the price of a new one.

I actually also had the tank-less version of the same compressor beforehand, but this one quickly gave it up due to the absence of the tank, even light airbrush use was too much for it, however it might be cheaper to purchase one of those just for parts.

Since I don't do any heavy work or substantial clear coating projects and normally work between 5 -10 psi this compressor is sufficient for what I do, if money was no object I would love to upgrade to something maybe more reliable, but I am happy in the knowledge that since an upgrade isn't possible I can at least have a limitless supply of air for under $35 a year, filling a loose air tank at the garage would cost me more than that in a year (I think), lol

I don't know about in the UK, but you can get an adjustable one from AIRBAGIT.COM. The non adjustable ones on that site has the pressures set too high.

i wouldnt mind if i had used this much but i only had a short time and it started playing up. i should have done a warranty return on it but im a tatter and had to try to find the problem for myself :). I know what you folk are saying about it being cheap which is why if i could find a part in the UK it would be worth buying but im not going to spend 20-30 pound on something i can indeed replace for the same price. It makes a decent back up and is definetely quiter than the big compressor i have at the moment, which means more AB'ing into the night :). ill keep my open for a spares or repair when im hunting around maybe.

thanks for looking, its appreciated.

There's a few of us using cheap, china brand gear mate... It can be a very expensive pastime, but its down to how good you can or want to be. Should I ever get to the point where I think my gear no longer lets me progress or improve. I will be able to justify buying a H&S, Iwata or whatever, right now my talent is as good as the cheap stuff.

I have the same unit, I got a new one with a tank, loads easier to work with.

yeah, mine has the 3 gallon tank, it was a ideal till it started to play up although the extra pressure from a bigger unit is very useful. i bought a 25ltr job from Aldi, great compressor for this work but WOW - HOW LOUD IS IT ??? . would love to try to do a freezer conversion on it but as it is in my attic i don't think the other half would appreciate it if i got it wrong and blew the roof off :)
I like the look of the Bambi compressors but they are a little pricey for the level i am at. If i made an income from it, i would probably go for a 25l Bambi oil free ( or whispair ). Someone i know asked an acquaintance in the trade about compressors and they offered me a whispair 50/24 for £837.00 less 40% (new pacemaker ordered from Ebay lol)- and its still way too expensive :p

I bought a 25ltr job from Aldi, great compressor for this work but WOW - HOW LOUD IS IT ??? . would love to try to do a freezer conversion on it but as it is in my attic i don't think the other half would appreciate it if i got it wrong and blew the roof off :)

Compressors are usually equipped with a safety valve similar to these :

68c4e81e4964434d60654b6429d2c310.jpg

These are made to open should the pressure exceed a safe pressure and releases air so nothing blows up.

:)

yes but where is the safety valve for the safety valve :p - i like my Attic space too :)

Back