Help to identify an airbrush

D

David Ovenden

I'm just starting out in airbrushing (though I've use spray guns before). I bought a good used Sparmax TC5000 compressor that came with a used airbrush. Seems to work reasonablyAirbrush top small.jpg Airbrush side small.jpg but I'd like to know what it is. It has no markings on it. Maybe a Chinese cheapie, but it looks a little better made than that. I'm posting some photos . Can anyone identify it for me.? There are several models a bit similar but I've not seen one with side paint entry and the gold anodised rear cover.
Thanks

I got one that is similar with my compressor years ago. Only difference is the rear as far as I can tell. Since there are no markings... I think it is a Chinese OEM airbrush.

Getting a Chinese Airbrush is like buying lottery - you never know what you will get because of bad QC :D. Don't be surprise that you got one that has great quality. I notice in recent years, general quality of Chinese airbrushes has improved so I wont be surprise if it is a well built cheapie.

Looks like a generic Chinese brush. Unfortunately, finding another one exactly the same can be a real scavenger hunt. There is usually a hand full of places turning out product that all look identical, until you really get into the nitty gritty details.

Thanks to DaveG and Ashwind for their responses. It is what I suspected. Though the airbrush is OK and not in bad condition I now have ordered an Iwata Eclipse CS which should be more than good enough for my model planes and trains. My thinking is that it is better to learn and practise with a decent airbrush than a mediocre one. And better to have 2 guns than just one - I can always use Chinese one for the less precise work.

Intro sorted Mr Micron. Never been welcomed by a dragon before! Though he looks friendly enough.

Intro sorted Mr Micron. Never been welcomed by a dragon before! Though he looks friendly enough.
Thanks being that you question had been answered I figured an introduction was in order , That sb cup looks exactly like the one on a Masters sb I was given .

Thanks being that you question had been answered I figured an introduction was in order , That sb cup looks exactly like the one on a Masters sb I was given .
Yes, looking at some photos of Master SB airbrushes and they are very similar to what I have. My mystery airbrush may well have originated in the same factory.

Other then the rear tail cover it is spot on to a masters , Many tail cover can interchange .I will look mine over tonight after work to see if there are any makers makings on it.

Come across a website selling this airbrush and they call it the PAB 33 Air Brush. I am pretty sure it is just a name given to it by the seller.

http://www.aikka.com.my/professional-air-brush/pab-33-air-brush

Judging from the other airbrushes they are selling, I am pretty sure it is from the same company that makes the iwata clones like SpitirAir 180, KKMoon, etc. The quality looks similar too - on photo.

They are asking for about 55 USD... not a good deal imo.

temp.png temp2.png temp3.png

Hi Ashwind,
Yes that is definitely the same as mine. Good spot! I've not seen them elsewhere so probably and old model that's now been replaced. I agree its a "badge engineered" product that came out of a factory somewhere (China?)

Back