HELP WANTED - VINYL CUTTER INSTALL - Rabbit HX-720

C

custompaintbypete

HI,
I realize this forum is projectors but it was either this or air-brushes :)

So i bought a cheap vinyl cutter to save hours of stencil cutting on jobs - a Rabbit HX-720. BUT i cant get the thing to run! (using Windows 10).

No support from the company i bought it from, the supplied drivers arent acknowledged by Windows 10 - Easy Cut Studio (demo) downloaded and has the plotter on file, but when i cut it says "data sent to cutter" but nothing happens at the cutter!

I have searched high and low on the internet with no help found :( i have discovered that the cutter is exactly the same as a HengXing 720 and a Katana 720 - so if anyone has managed to get any of theirs going please tell me how!!

Any advice appreciated :) :)

Definitely a job for @huskystafford. We have at least one other member who I know has a lot of experience with computers and cutters, but I can’t remember who it is. I’m sure they’ll pop along soon.

With Window 10 you should be able to set the software to run as Windows XP or Windows 7 , If the software is older then that you may have to just find a old copy of Windows 95 and have a machine just for the plotter.
Also it may just be a plotter setting. With the plotter I run here at work I had to set up a generic printer and map the plotter to it so it would be able to allow the software to talk to the plotter and know which knife or creasing wheel or pen to use depending on the layer of the design.

I have to use an old laptop with Xp on it to run my foison c24. The software installs on windows 7 and sends to the cutter but nothing ever cuts. Sounds very similar to what I had originally.
Another issue I had was that the software and cutter need to be using the same port for the signal to be sent and cut. mine is usually on com2 on the pic and in the actual cutting software so that's something else to check. Might be worth checking that first before you try a different O/S.

Lee

Back