hey everyone!

Gregg

Double Actioner
My name is Gregg and I'm from northwest suburbs of Chicago. I purchased my first airbrush in December of 2020. I've always liked to draw from a young age and have been painting with oils and acrylics since 2015. I wanted a new challenge which led me to the airbrush this past year. Wow there is a lot to learn but thats what pulled me in. I think I've watched every youtube video about airbrushing out there at this point to start my learning process. I love the detail you can achieve and the whole process of mixing paints, using different tools and techniques. Hope to learn from artists on this site, about different techniques and how they approach different subjects. I struggle with flesh tones and color shifts like many others and hope to gain some insight on the troubles I've encountered. Happy airbrushing!

Welcome from Australia,
happy hair pulling time lol
if you already have an art background then you're already ahead of a lot of us.... we just grabbed an airbrush and some paint and jumped in the deep end :D

what gear do you currently have, what paints ?

Thanks for the welcome! Currently I use an iwata eclipse hp cs/ an iwata cm-c micron and my latest addition is a Gsi Creos 771. I mainly use the createx illustration line of paints mostly transparents . For an air compressor I use a kobalt 4.3 gallon quiet compressor.

Welcome Gregg! Man do I love Chicago. I’ve had some great nights at the Red Head piano bar. Fun times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back