Hi all

Ian58

Young Tutorling
Hello
I'm Ian, I'm from the UK, and I've done around 55yrs in and around various art forms, did try my hand at airbrush painting around 20yrs ago, but my 3 daughters were all hitting they're teens at the time, and, well , I don't think I need to go into details, but airbrushing didn't get a look in due to life in someone else's fast lane( s) .
Anyhow, I'm now retired/disabled, and I've got loads of time on my hands so I thought why not !!
So here I am. Giving it a go, and both loving and hating it, lots of frustrations around painting surfaces.
I've tried homemade gesso boards, and had some degree of joy, canvass, again some small degree of success, and I'm now trying "papers" with not so much success, so I will be reaching out to anyone who can help me along my new journey, looking forward to chatting with as many of you as possible in the future, happy airbrushing all, and stay safe.

Welcome from Australia Ian,
You’ve come to the right place, loads of helpful folks here that are happy to help you out.
A lot of us are young in mind but not in body so you are in good company :)
Starting out, as you’ve found out, is a big learning curve, but take it one step at a time, ask when you’re not sure. We are global so there’s normally someone around that can help out or tag someone they think could better help you.
What paint/brush/compressor do you currently have? We may be able to help you dial it all in.
99% of surfaces are printable with the right processes

We have a great section for beginners with loads of info and don’t hesitate to post your own queries.

Back