How to use an UltraSonic cleaner?

pshit

Gravity Guru
I own a Sharper TEK XP Pro cleaner and wanted to try it.

I read that it's possible to use demineralized water as the cleaning solution. It's true?

Second question for how long I can run the cleaner without damaging parts?

And the last question, witch parts don't go in the cleaner?

Demineralized water may get kind of needy for for minerals, especially from the copper content of the brass body of a brush. Probably won't hurt, but you can just use regular tap, or bottles water just as well. I tend to soak only metal parts in something like Createx Restorer, and then run in an Ultrassonic for about 15 minutes using something like jewelry soap. If the bits are not completely clean, I may run another cycle. I take everything apart and run only metal bits in the Ultrasonic. I avoid doing aluminum, if i can.

I heard that it is not a good idea to soak in the water the air intake part.

All metal parts can go to the cleaner or I have to remove something (a part) before cleaning?

There is nothing in the air intake part that will be effected by soaking in water, or running in the UC (provided you remove the seals).

I know there are lots of horror stories about airbrushes and Ultra Sonic cleaners. I have been running test pieces for an average of 4 cycles (15 minutes each) per day for over two years now. I've got a long write up on the whole thing on FB, but they see to be having issues today, so I can't reach it...Make sure you remove your seals, and you should be good to go.

How do I remove the seals ?

There is a seal on the small front nozzle, do I have to remove it before cleaning?

Last edited:
it is in and out here - here is the link for the UC - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1716303788475202&type=3

click on the photo's for more detailed descriptions - there are many of the same seals involved...

If you don't mind my asking DaveG, where do you source the cleaner you use?

When I saw the pic of the bottle, being my eyes aren't the greatest anymore, I thought it was called ISO NIO:confused:. Didn't make much sense. Glad I read where you called it ISonic in the description:D. Whoever designed that label should be let go IMOlol.

If you don't mind my asking DaveG, where do you source the cleaner you use?

When I saw the pic of the bottle, being my eyes aren't the greatest anymore, I thought it was called ISO NIO:confused:. Didn't make much sense. Glad I read where you called it ISonic in the description:D. Whoever designed that label should be let go IMOlol.

I am not hooked on a single brand, although I did prefer the Isonic to the one I have presently. I got it off amazon.

Thank you DaveG. I looked online. Many places to choose from. I figure I'll try it and see how it works. Should be the same for me as it is for you.

I have a little Brookstone UC. It works pretty well. Not large but plenty of room for an AB.

Back