How would i connect my Badger Patriot 105 to battery operated compressor?

shipclambake

Double Actioner
Hey guys I have a Badger Patriot 105 that I would like to connect to a battery operated compressor, They look like they both have 1/8 connectors. I've included some pics that hopefully will help figure this out.

Attachments

• 20210125_130533.jpg
    20210125_130533.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 18
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 18
Won't work. The Badger uses a proprietary m5x.5mm thread, while the compressor uses a standard 1/8"BSP. The compressor you have there is made to replace the standard air valve on many brushes, such as an Iwata, Sparmax, Rich, and many Asian brushes. The trigger needs to physically press down on that small brass stem sticking up in order to switch the compressor on. The Badger won't operate the switch...

Won't work. The Badger uses a proprietary m5x.5mm thread, while the compressor uses a standard 1/8"BSP. The compressor you have there is made to replace the standard air valve on many brushes, such as an Iwata, Sparmax, Rich, and many Asian brushes. The trigger needs to physically press down on that small brass stem sticking up in order to switch the compressor on. The Badger won't operate the switch...
Oh ok thanks, I appreciate the reply that sucks for me lol.

I'd sort of question whether such a compressor would be worth it anyway. Seems like it'd probably be underpowered like of of those fishtank pump style compressors, and it would certainly make the brush super bulky and awkward to wield.

If it's returnable, I'd speculate you maybe actually dodged a bullet here.

I'd sort of question whether such a compressor would be worth it anyway. Seems like it'd probably be underpowered like of of those fishtank pump style compressors, and it would certainly make the brush super bulky and awkward to wield.

If it's returnable, I'd speculate you maybe actually dodged a bullet here.
The compressor is light weight and really doesn't get in the way . As far as air flow being I am not trying to power paint through a tee shirt is perfect.
While my thinking before getting one was much like yours on that it does seem to keep up just fine and it so far hasn't gotten hot like the studio compressor.

The compressor is light weight and really doesn't get in the way . As far as air flow being I am not trying to power paint through a tee shirt is perfect.
While my thinking before getting one was much like yours on that it does seem to keep up just fine and it so far hasn't gotten hot like the studio compressor.

I totally agree with your take on the cordless compressor.

Yeah, I have one, and have really no complaints with it. Herb pretty much nailed it. It will not replace my everyday compressor, but would do in a pinch here or there, or on the go... Mine fits my had fairly well, so just feels like a handle or something like it.

cordless compressor2.jpg

corless copressor1.jpg

I made this one. You have to turn the knob on the top of the compressor coupling to turn the air on - I understand there is one in the works that will work with trigger pressure, using a true pressure switch rather than a mechanical on/off.
That looks like something to look forward to until I get a heavy duty compressor.

Interesting. Having it attached to the bottom of the brush is something I'd hate (I don't want anything like a "handle" on my valve stem, and avoid even quick-connects as too bulky/long), but with a hose, that could make it useful for me if other aspects were in line.

How does it compare to a small tankless compressor? Does it pulse? How loud/quiet is it? What kind of PSI range does it max out at?

I used to use a Badger tankless diaphragm compressor with a pressure shutoff switch. It had limitations I had to work around, it was decent for most brushes. The pressure switch was more liability then help when hooked up directly to the brush, but that was completely solved by using an extra hose with a regulator between that hose and the airbrush hose.

I have used a small tankless compressor before and will say these are nothing like them. I don't know if it is because the diaphragm is much smaller, the cycle faster, or what the deal is - but there is very little pulsing. Very quiet and virtually vibration free in use. I did hook up a digital pressure gauge at some point, there is another post around here somewhere with the results (I really can't remember exactly what the numbers were). It was something like 25psi and 12psi (high and low - there are two speeds). They are kind of undergoing a growth revolution at the moment, and I have seen all kinds of new versions being talked about. I have seen mention of a true pressure switch, a constant 30psi and a 3ft hose. I have yet to see one reach the US, though...

I don't think I would try to use one for doing primer or base coat work, as those are generally heavier bodied. But, I would say they do have their uses. I have one that came with a brush, and while the brush is rather inexpensive, the combo actually works quite well for doing soft shading, and intricate detail work. If I were just sitting around my studio, I could see no reason to hook this up rather than use my normal compressor - but, if I were going away for a few days and thought I may be able to get a few hours in where I might be able to paint, I could sure see tossing it in bag and going.

I love my little battery powered compressor and the cheapie ab that came with it. I cannot spray Candies in my house so I take this set up outside to paint. I've also taken it with me on a road trip. Unlike @huskystafford I'm not walking around the house painting things....or the pesky neighbors. lollol

I love my little battery powered compressor and the cheapie ab that came with it. I cannot spray Candies in my house so I take this set up outside to paint. I've also taken it with me on a road trip. Unlike @huskystafford I'm not walking around the house painting things....or the pesky neighbors. lollol
To be honest I would take that little compressor and spray small stuff like light switches and stuff :D Maybe it's better if I don't have it lol

Back