Howz 'bout a Space Brush?

Join the club Davelol! With my severe AAD I gotta get at least one. I'll probably get two and let the second one sit;).

Now if I can get a few buyers on the brushes I have listed for sale...:thumbsup::whistling:lol:D

I think I am the only one who thinks "airbrush model" is a waste off time and not worth a penny spend on it
I think it’s just one of this things that if buying and building one makes you happy, then it was probably worth it. At least you get something to look at afterwards.
I think it’s pretty cool, but get that it’s not everyone’s idea of a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am the only one who thinks "airbrush model" is a waste off time and not worth a penny spend on it

No harm no foul. I appreciate your opinion. I'm sure there are many more who share it:thumbsup:.

I collect airbrushes and I build scale models. This airbrush model fits both interests for me:D.

If it was a different type of space craft model I doubt I would have looked twice at it:eek:.

Thank you for posting the two videos Tony:thumbsup:. I didn't see them listed on Ytube. Sorry, didn't look real hard either:(.

Good stuff. I haven't done washes etc. It's something I need to learn. Helps to know what to use;).

Ok, I’m in !!!!
I haven’t built a model in about 30 years so this will be interesting.
We’re all a bunch of enablers lol

Cool beanies Dragon Hunter:thumbsup:!!! You'll have something in your collection to hunt them dragons with;).

I just ordered minelol. Probably take a week to get here:rolleyes:.

I was trying to hold off as I purchased two more airbrushes:whistling:. One should be here tomorrow and the other on Friday:D.

Come on Dave, it would look so cool in your collection :cool:

My wife asked me this morning if I wanted one of these (she is such a sweetie!). Unfortunately I had to decline, as I think I need to put the money into other materials needed to move my current project forward. Hopefully it will come together, and I will have a few trinkets I can sell to raise some funds.

Cool beanies Dragon Hunter:thumbsup:!!! You'll have something in your collection to hunt them dragons with;).

I just ordered minelol. Probably take a week to get here:rolleyes:.

I was trying to hold off as I purchased two more airbrushes:whistling:. One should be here tomorrow and the other on Friday:D.
“Resistance is useless”.
I have plenty of ‘will’ power but I lack in the ‘won’t’ power department. !!!
I gave up arguing with my internal common sense years ago, ive now realised I’ll end up getting (insert new toy purchase name here) eventually so no better time than ‘right now’.
All part of the AAD criteria (Airbrush Acquisition Disorder if you’re not up to speed - any airbrush related purchases are a ‘must have’ ) lol

“Resistance is useless”.
I have plenty of ‘will’ power but I lack in the ‘won’t’ power department. !!!
I gave up arguing with my internal common sense years ago, ive now realised I’ll end up getting (insert new toy purchase name here) eventually so no better time than ‘right now’.
All part of the AAD criteria (Airbrush Acquisition Disorder if you’re not up to speed - any airbrush related purchases are a ‘must have’ ) lol

I love it DH:love:!!! You put it exactly right:thumbsup:. AAD can run deep. So much for common sense, or foodlol.

I'm 99.999999999% sure Dave will be getting one at some point:whistling:.

Anyone else care to join in on the fun?

My wife asked me this morning if I wanted one of these (she is such a sweetie!). Unfortunately I had to decline, as I think I need to put the money into other materials needed to move my current project forward. Hopefully it will come together, and I will have a few trinkets I can sell to raise some funds.

Great lady you have beside you Dave!!! Nice of her to offer.

Being on a model forum I've read many a complaint about members better halves not really seeing the point of models and the joy it can bring to some. It's tolerated.

I haven’t built a model in about 30 years so this will be interesting. lol

It's actually been a good while since I completed onelol. I have far too many started and just left on the shelf. It's the prep work that is the struggle. Cleaning up mold lines, sanding ejector pin marks off, sanding for paint, test fitting and scratch building add-ons etc. The painting is the fun, easy part:D. Building a nice model can take up a lot time.

If anyone here would need pointers I will try my best to help. Just ask. As I noted above, I'm not familiar with the dry brush/weathering aspect so it will be a learning curve for me too:eek:.

I am also planning on mine being a bit "different":whistling:. I have to test out a few things before I commit but I've got a couple things in mind;).

It's actually been a good while since I completed onelol. I have far too many started and just left on the shelf. It's the prep work that is the struggle. Cleaning up mold lines, sanding ejector pin marks off, sanding for paint, test fitting and scratch building add-ons etc. The painting is the fun, easy part:D. Building a nice model can take up a lot time.

If anyone here would need pointers I will try my best to help. Just ask. As I noted above, I'm not familiar with the dry brush/weathering aspect so it will be a learning curve for me too:eek:.

I am also planning on mine being a bit "different":whistling:. I have to test out a few things before I commit but I've got a couple things in mind;).
I’m great at dry brushing, I did it a lot on rendered bits and pieces for my snake tanks, super easy once you get the hang of it and gives great effects

my last model was in the early 80s - Bandit TransAm ! Yes I’ve always been a petrol head !

I’m great at dry brushing, I did it a lot on rendered bits and pieces for my snake tanks, super easy once you get the hang of it and gives great effects

my last model was in the early 80s - Bandit TransAm ! Yes I’ve always been a petrol head !

Cool, did you build it as the movie car? The best model I've built is the Nova from DeathProof. I have the Challenger and Charger almost done, lost interest. They aren't real far from being finished.

I'm hoping this AB model sparks it again:D.

I did have a lot of kits I was going to do for a Road Warrior diorama. I had the Interceptor, a Mack (needed to be corrected to be accurate) and a gyro copter plus a few other odds and ends. I sold them a couple years ago as I went through a spell of needing cash. That happens sometimes:(.

I will probably be hitting you up for dry brush help/advice Dragon Hunter:thumbsup:. There are a lot of videos out there on the subject. I need to get the correct supplies too. The videos posted here by twood were a big help;).

Last edited:
There is also an ‘Iwata’ version that has the Iwata logo / model add ons and that’s the only difference apart from the box

Is that the one you got/are getting? I got the generic one as in the video.

I'm planning to wait to get a second kit (yeah, surelol) and that may be the one to have:thumbsup:. I figure once they become more common, if they do that is, I'll get the second one as hopefully they become a bit less expensive. If it looks like these kits will die a quick death I'll get another one sooner. I want to keep the second one unopened:whistling:.

Back