For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Hp SB+ needle seal

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

the first airbrush I bought was a second hand Iwata HP SB + and that was back in 2006 and it was produced in 2004 according to de numbers on the airbrush so it is 14 years old so no wonder the needle seal has had it and needs replacing
    jord001, SiRoxx and Robbyrockett2 like this.
  2. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

I would guess that’s the answer too lol. The tool has served you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jord001 likes this.
  3. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

You can get one of those super ones off the guys to replace it. then you will have another 10 years + out if it.

Lee
    Ronald art and JackEb like this.
  4. Ronald art

I will replace that seal for the seals from Robby and Dave I am just waiting for the needles to get in the web shop so I can order everything at ones
    JackEb and SiRoxx like this.
  5. Ronald art

that old seal was rock hard and a real pain to get out the nut but it is gone now and I ordered the new seals for the HP and the Micron I know it will take over a week to arrive but that is fine by me
  6. Ronald art

with my micron down and out due to that worn out nozzle and the HP SB down with a seal problem I found myself with out a airbrush I like as a everyday brush
    I had ordered a Dura seal for the HP from Robby but I dropped it and it is nowhere to be found a bit desperate for a good airbrush I lubed the HP needle with Robbies balm slid the old teflon seal over the needle to see how easy or hard it would go over just to find out it went on with ease and this made me wonder what else could be wrong with the HP and I removed the nozzle so I could put in the needle from the front so I would not risk damaging the needle tip , the needle went in but not with ease in fact it had as much resistance as it had with the seal in place !
    a little test with a small dental brush showed there was dried paint between the nozzle and the seal nut this made me wonder when it was I last used the HP and if I did clean it afterwards or if it slipped my mind the dental brush was proof I did not clean that brush as I should have and a good soak in the ultrasonic cleaner was in order
    after it soaked for 4 minutes I put the needle back in and it fell trough the brush no problem at all and I installed that 14 year old teflon seal again to find out it is not as soft as it was 12 years ago but soft enough to work with :)
    well I guess those old teflon seals are much better than the teflon seals Iwata uses in the microns and it will give me a few more years to play if I have to but I learned from my mistake with dropping that tiny seal I ordered and I will order the complet set as in nut and seal when the 0.2 SN needle is ready or when I have AB cash what ever comes first lol
    SiRoxx likes this.