I can't decide

beginner-James

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I have the opportunity too go on a course in February. Portrait two days but the kicker is, it's a PORTRAIT ON A WALLET or book a one too one course one day private. It's confidence I need i think
Beginner-James AKA James

Any chance you have of getting hands on training from a seasoned airbrush artist take it. Plus painting on wallets or books will only build your skills faster for more paint pals :D , Yes getting detail on a big canvas is a lot easier then getting it on a small one.
So I am with DaveG on this if it is in you budget to do it and you have the time to go for it.

I have the opportunity too go on a course in February. Portrait two days but the kicker is, it's a PORTRAIT ON A WALLET or book a one too one course one day private. It's confidence I need i think
Beginner-James AKA James

I totally agree with @DaveG , if you're in a position to do it go for it, if there had an opportunity available you've got to grab it while you can, it doesn't matter if it's on a wallet or whatever else, what you take away from it applies to almost everything you do afterwards, it will also be a huge boost to your confidence, if I had the chance and the money I would certainly have a go, every little thing you learn is another tool in your box.

You've got to do it now, you're outnumbered two to one:)

EDIT: You'll also find out while you're doing it what other handy courses high be available:)

@beginner-James I think it might be Ashley Brayson who is teaching that class, If it is I can say Ashley is a very good artist with many many years of experience. You will learn a lot and even though your painting on a wallet, the skills you learn will work on any substrate you choose to paint on. I will be painting with Ashley this weekend at the KKBO show in Lincoln so I might pick up a few tips. I may ply him with a little alcohol to help :)

Check him out. http://www.braysonart.com/
Don't forget Mick Neill also does classes and he is in Walsall, not far from J10 M6

Lee

Last edited:
Yep I've put my name down today and shall pay for it next week. It's a small world the artist that is going to take the course lives' in my home town so after I may as for some one to one's next year. Looking forward to it

Beginner-James

Yeh he's a local chap. Will be having a chat with him in the morning, we're all beat from the travelling and he setting up.

Lee

Well Ive now paid for the course and really excited but if the course doesn't happen I will just change it to a one day one to one with steve a a alternative

Is there any members around the midlands that would give any tuition. I really thinl Fred wegner should do this as he has such a incredibly amazing gift

Beginner-James

OK The wallet course has been cancelled and after my one to one lesson yesterday I'm sell up !!

Only Joking The Lesson went well yesterday a bit nervous well if the truth be told I was shi###g my self I never considered that I was going to be painting in front of a complete stranger silly me but on a positive note I did learn quite a bit.

well the wallet course has been cancelled and as Neill said "your wasting you money signing up for a beginner lesson" So I'm going to put the money towards the mono course on the Foxy web site of which I will be enrolling in the new year.

Lee, Neill says hello

James

Nice one, i'm glad you enjoyed the lesson. Shame about the wallet course but im sure you will be ok with what you are looking at doing. So what did you paint? Have you got pics? C'mon you know we want to know everything and see what you painted..

Lee

Ok Lee I will upload after I've had my tea. There was a bit of trouble with the compressor over heating every twenty min's or so and I was very nervous.
Paint H20 I had never used before, Compressor trouble, also my first Portrait the subject was Colin Morgan (merlin BBC1), Paper I had never used before other than once and it delaminated on me. But once I've had tea I will upload a pic.
James

OK I've been feed and watered.
So this is what I ended up with, After I" yep "ripped a hole in the paper with a eraser marked in red I called it a day.
enjoy but as all way critique most welcome (without mistakes we will never learn)

20181028_194947 copy.jpg

Well that's it, I must admit I enjoyed myself. Lighting was not Ideal, my brush was casting shadows and space was a premium knock things over every time I moved, Neill has now found that his regulator was faulty and needs replacing next time I will take the wife's compressor with me, but I will practice a week before with her Compressor my next lesson with Neill.

James

Back