If I won't ask, I'll be an idiot so...

Dimitris

Mac-Valve Maestro!
:D:D:D

Geia sas my friends!,
found these mdf's at the art store, they're ready for some nice clocks! :)

What popped in my head is can i shoot straight sealer on it without priming it first?

000000000.jpg 000000000001.jpg

What do you mean by "sealer"?

When I did my panels, the first step was to apply white liquid (kinda milk appearance and consistency), then self made gesso based on acrylic putty (based on marble dust)+panel clear+that the same white liquid used for priming, this was used for getting the consistency to through the spray gun (2,5mm as I remember). All the products were waterbased and compatible (even from one brand).
Maybe that liquid is what you call "sealer"? Definitely it will give better bond. I don't know the translation, but this liquid is used before application different waterbased compounds to the walls, ceilings etc.

BTW it's the autoborne sealer (4712), got it awhile back and want to give it a try.
I'd have to double check my bottles, but wasn't wood one of the surfaces it listed that it is good for? I could totally be wrong and thesf is more like compressed paper but I would think it would work

On MDF I put a few layers of Gesso on and then sand it smooth the proceed with sealer,base and art then clear over it. My thoughts on doing it this way was the pre gesso'd board you can buy at the art store and how MDF board will suck up paint .

I'd have to double check my bottles, but wasn't wood one of the surfaces it listed that it is good for? I could totally be wrong and thesf is more like compressed paper but I would think it would work

yes wood is one of those Jonathon, I'll go with Mr. Micron's way.

On MDF I put a few layers of Gesso on and then sand it smooth the proceed with sealer,base and art then clear over it. My thoughts on doing it this way was the pre gesso'd board you can buy at the art store and how MDF board will suck up paint .

Cool Mr. Micron!, just what I needed to hear! Thanks a lot :):thumbsup:

The thing with wood is if you dont seal it with a sanding sealer first and let it dry then give that a light sanding to knock down the wood fibers you end up with a fuzzy surface! So don't paint one without some type of sealer unless you want fuzzy wood?:D:D:Dlollol