I'm after a sort of roller texture

Interesting idea but you can get the same splatter effect by just holding a popsicle stick infront of the nozzle.

I guess I will try the Popsicle stick and if that works try to figure out something that doesn't require two hands.

Do you need paint pattern or the surface that's felt imperfect by touch?

I'd like the surface to hide imperfections underneath, I guess I don't care much about how it feels. I don't want it to feel gritty, I guess, though.

Just trying to achieve a textured paint job that we see on many things we buy.

I'd like the surface to hide imperfections underneath, I guess I don't care much about how it feels. I don't want it to feel gritty, I guess, though.

Just trying to achieve a textured paint job that we see on many things we buy.

Then any stippling tool (technique) will do. One of the them is in your link.

Then any stippling tool (technique) will do. One of the them is in your link.

Thanks, I ordered a set. I also figured after ordering them that I might be able to bend a cable tie into an angle, and use another cable tie to tie it to my airbrush, and see how that works.

I've never done stippling so this is new territory for me.

Thank you for all the help.

I know on the iwata brushes you can remove the aircap, drop the psi to give varying stipple sizes, it could be worth trying

I know on the iwata brushes you can remove the aircap, drop the psi to give varying stipple sizes, it could be worth trying

Thanks for the tip.

I learned I could drop the PSI on my Badger 250 and get a stipple pattern but I think one of my "issues" is that the paint is thin enough that it smooths itself out by the time it dries.

Perhaps I need a hairdryer or something to get it to start to dry faster.

This is correct for the high end Iwata brushes (Microns for example). It doesn't work on the lower end brushes (Eclipse for example).

This is correct for the high end Iwata brushes (Microns for example). It doesn't work on the lower end brushes (Eclipse for example).
I’ve used it on the High Performance series ( which is a ‘high end’ brush I suppose)
So would I be right that it would work on those Iwatas that have screw in nozzles as opposed to drop in/self centring one ?

I’ve used it on the High Performance series ( which is a ‘high end’ brush I suppose)
So would I be right that it would work on those Iwatas that have screw in nozzles as opposed to drop in/self centring one ?
You might be, but I'm not 100 percent sure. I don't own any of the High Performance series brushes (and I would consider them on the higher end of the spectrum). My stable consists of mainly Microns and Eclipse brushes.

Back