I'm new here

Dan

Young Tutorling
Hi, my name's Dan. I'm new to the forum and I hope to pick up information on airbrush painting. Recently, I made the jump from a Paashe single stage airbrush to the PS 770, which I think has made a big difference in my painting. I build all types of models; cars, mostly 60s-70s sports cars and muscle cars, airplanes, ships, and armor. Recently, I've started building dioramas. I'm from Upstate NY, and every year there the Street Rod Nationals car show is held in Syracuse. My brothers and I all have muscle cars and street rods. I'm collecting evrything to do a diorama of our cars at the show. I look forward to learning more about painting with my new airbrush.

Hi Dan, welcome from Australia.
It sounds like you’ve one great collection going on, we’d love to see some pics when you get time.
Can you also update your location in your profile (country and state is sufficient) then when you ask for help it’s easier for us to recommend suppliers that you may have easy access to :)

OK, I updated my profile with the location. I haven't started the diorama yet, I'm currently working overseas. I'll be home for 3 months this summer, so hopefully I'll be able to get a good start on it. I need to build a 64 Comet, a 66 Fairlane, a 39 ford pickup, a 51 Chevy coupe, a 64 Fairlane, a 40 Pontiac, a 59 T-Bird, and a 72 Cougar. Then all I need to do is build the diorama. LOL!! I've got the 64 Comet, the 64 Fairlane, the 66 Fairlane, the 39 Ford, and the 72 Cougar. Still looking for the others.

Welcome Dan! Always nice to have fellow Gearheads join up. We have a few modellers here too so share the pics when you have them and feel free to join in any discussions. Biggest tip I can give is don’t every be concerned to ask. Sometimes things get lost in translation or through the use of terminology. So even if it’s a thread you’re reading that brings up questions, ask away, it’s all friendly people sharing info here. Welcome.

Welcome to the forum Dan, Theres a few of us into cars and bikes here. No matter what your skill level your in a good place here.

Lee

He Dan, welcome to the Forum from Canada. I'd love to see your work. I had a 72 Comet when 25 years ago. I wish I'd been smart enough back then to keep it.

Back