Improving The Airbrush...

I tried to get a better pic but the camera wont focus on this small part let me see if I can explain the damage : 2 of the 4 groves that are on top of the nut are wider :the normal screw diver has moved 2 parts next to the groves
Do you have a jeweler loupe? You can hold it up to the camera on your phone

Do you have a jeweler loupe? You can hold it up to the camera on your phone
I only have the iwata loupe but I cant see anything trough it and I dont have a smartphone just a dumb phone with a bad camera and my PC wont upload any pic I take with that phone

Another improvement. This time of V2 back handle. V2 comes with the limiter that has no hole throughout it, that does not allow to use the needles longer than V2 needle.
Would be great, if someone would take a picture of not cut limiter for people to see how it looks untreated, as I don't have unmodified V2 handle now.

I've solved the issue for myself by drilling the limiter. Screwed out the part off the handle and drilled the hole at low RPM using just drill. Material the limiter is made with is cut rather easy.

I know airbrusher, who spoiled the nozzle by screwing on V2 handle after the cleaning of the tool. It happened for the reason the limiter has no hole, as the needle moved with the limiter without the hole, as a result the nozzle was torn at the tip and became useless, asking for 50$ spare.

After the modification the thing is safe and more versatile.

1.JPG 2.JPG

I replaced mine with left over a V1 limiter but I still have the original V2 limiter
I tried to take a good pic but this is the best I could do

Thanx Ronald!
It seems the camera doesn't focusing on the limiter end, but someone else also could try to take the picture.

Great fix @Vladimir. It is a double cost saving for Iwata. 1 = they save time by not drilling it and 2 = they have to make the needles shorter so they get more out of a length of material.

Great fix @Vladimir. It is a double cost saving for Iwata. 1 = they save time by not drilling it and 2 = they have to make the needles shorter so they get more out of a length of material.

Nice analytics @AndreZA !

They think of their profits, we think about ours. Their profit is income, our is good and convenient tool:) Not always both parties interests meet.
Concerning the new version of back handle it's possible to say it is not better, than old one. I don't use needle protection "dock" and don't find it to be convenient, so this improvement is questionable, though it's my opinion. And this is only one improvement that was done. At the same time the risk of damaging very expensive nozzle by using new not drilled through limiter is obvious. So it can be our loss, but someone's profit;)
After the drilling it becomes our profit, just as simple as that.

Yes, like this. Would be great if you'd take picture of the limiter installed in the handle and with better lighted end of the limiter. That would be just perfect for people to understand what the topic is about. Why wouldn't you put your photo just in the thread without side link?:)
OK, it's just a pain sometimes with the sizing limits here. I might have some new unopened needles in both lengths as well, give me a min to dig thru my parts bin

OK @Vladimir you really opened the beastlol so the SB is a true V2, the C+ has been upgraded to a V2 except the limiter as I never use them anyways. Here is two new needles (tried including a ruler for you :thumbsup:) unopened from iwata, as you can see the labels are correct. 20190311_131928-01.jpeg with handles20190311_132121-01.jpeg the rest of the photos I hope help;)20190311_132459-01.jpeg 20190311_133059-01.jpeg 20190311_133147-01.jpeg 20190311_133200-01.jpeg 20190311_133519-01.jpeg tried to line up where the handles actually meet the body20190311_133622-01.jpeg

Thanx guys!

Now it's much better to see what we're talking about, maybe someone has only V2 or only V1, or even V0, or don't have any of them, so photos work great for understanding.

@Ronald art , side by side is much better!
@crewchief227 , work you've done is kinda for AB scientific report!:)

To be continued...

Interesting.
Dreams tend to come true, though I have serious doubts I can guess what you're dreaming there:)
I wonder how we could work together?
Can you read CAD files? My father in law is a retired Boing engineer, and can assist me with the design (he's actually the person responsible and named on the US Patent for inventing the use of Carbon Fiber in Aircraft Fuselages). You can email me by just adding Gmail to my username, and I'll try explaining the design, you're very skilled at fabrication and I'm guessing you have access to a machine shop, or CNC machine? And can help prototype I hope.

I don't work with CNC for the time and don't work in CAD. But I can easily understand the concept just from a pencil draft and some written explanations of what is expected.
Definitely I have access to serious plant where things, that I order for my ABing needs are ridiculous both for quantity and complexity for those people who manufacture parts.
Moreover, I'm on the way to have some equipment for my own needs. I find making parts to be some fun, kinda pleasant hobby. Now this eats all my free time (besides the studio) and that's the reason I haven't painted any picture for couple of years, only plenty of test spray sheets after any modification. BTW, I don't show everything that's done;)
Anyway, shoot me PM with your e-mail (I'm not in any "G", so can't add you to anywhere) and we could discuss the things. Who knows, maybe we'll come to smth.

The next step is working on the AB spraying heads.
I had some thoughts of what could be improved in the head to get better performance of it. Everything's been planned works!

So what you see is the head, where every part has been improved. I mean, improvements were done inside and out.
What is received by the improvements?
1. visible outer changes, that work for better cleaning and tip dry removal.
2. invisible changes, that work for better air dynamics inside the head. This gives finer line, better response and control than 0,18mm Olympos setup.
Those, who have both Iwata and Olympos 0,18mm setups know, that Olympos has in reality smaller diameter nozzle than Iwata.

These results are not final. There are some things I don't like about the design, so further changes should be done.
The spraying performance is the thing I like!:thumbsup:

ih_1.JPG ih_2.JPG ih_3.JPG

Which design do you like more?

Back