Inspire Paints

barto

Gravity Guru
Does anyone use Inspire (solvent) paints?
I wonder if they evaporate from the bottle (100 ml) over few months. Are these bottles tight enough?

aluminium_fine_1800x1800.jpeg

They are ok mate I have had some for YEARS (around 8 or 9 I think), the pigment will settle but I've not had any significant evaporation I don't think. I will have to check again. If you do get some evaporation it will most probably be the solvents, just add some 2k thinners/reducer and you will be ok. Are you ordering from DeltaArts? If so he is good.

Lee

They are ok mate I have had some for YEARS (around 8 or 9 I think), the pigment will settle but I've not had any significant evaporation I don't think. I will have to check again. If you do get some evaporation it will most probably be the solvents, just add some 2k thinners/reducer and you will be ok. Are you ordering from DeltaArts? If so he is good.

Lee
I am from Poland, I order some local solvent paint, but it evaporates over one year (poor bottles quality). I am looking for alternative. Inspire paints are available here in Poland.

Ok I've been and checked my Inspire paints, Now I brought them a long time ago, probably 2010 at one of the first annual KKBO shows we had in England and they started in 2009 I think. So they're old but are still ok. I have always kept them in a tub, just a washing tablet tub, or when I have them in the garage in the tub in a cupboard, so never out in the open exposed to light etc.

So here they are, just FYI the far right is newer probably 8 yrs old as is the one on the left after the white.

InspirePaint.jpg

I got those 2 bottles to paint my Niece's golf club which we estimate to be about 7 1/2 years ago, well actually she painted it with my supervision. Anyway I digress,

They are all well over 7 years old. I used a lot of yellow painting a camo pattern using it to make up the green too hence why there's less left. The bottles that look like they have paint at the top just a bit of pigment stuck to the bottle, if you move the bottle the solvent cleans it off. After shaking them all up they look normal again.

So they last for a while. Just store them in a tub.

Lee

Back