Intro

MariusM

Young Tutorling
Hello!

My name is Marius and I'm a newbie in airbrushing. I decided to join the forum to check out what others are doing and learn about the techniques.

I've been working as a hobby on small scale planes and tanks. I've painted them with the brush and wanted to go a step further and do it in a cleaner way. So I went to airbrushing. I've used a cheap airbrush to paint a small scale tank. During the painting process of a second tank, I broke the thread on the small and fragile tip. After that, I bought a Paasche Talon TG 2L with a 0.3mm needle. It is way more rugged and I am not afraid to put some force on it. I used it a bit and I enjoy it ... but I still need to better understand the technique.

If I manage to get better, I'll continue the tanks (1:72) and move to planes (also 1:72). I also want to try it on some Space Marines. For the minis I wanted a smaller needle so I bought a new needle in 0.2mm. And some trouble started with that :) but I'll ask for help in a thread.

I use acrylics as paint.

Hey Marius, welcome to the forum.

Even though you have the Paasche Talon you still have to be very gentle with the nozzle, no 'force' needed. Yes its a bit more rugged than the smaller nozzle'd ones but it can break quite easily too.
Once you get the control which doesn't take long if you spend a little time practising dots and lines on paper.
Good luck with your new learning curve.

Lee

Last edited:
yes, I have to pay attention to the fitting. I use the key they provided and screw it untill it fits tight but I don't overdo it. I like that it's more massive and it gives a better feeling of durability.

Welcome to the world of airbrushing, hope you stick to it as it's a lot of fun to do after you learn the process

Back