I've been playing with a new additive

There is a video of me playing it on page 4 of that same thread:) but it was the first time I played it, to save you time looking, here it is.

I do still have an amp, I have VOX VT20+ which has built in effects including reverb/sustain, auto wah and just about every effect possible, it also has buikt in tuner and can mimic 33 different famous amplifiers, it's amp used in this video.

Man, that sounded great Malky. You should continue on with it. Beautiful finish on it also. Mine doesn't look near that good. Excellent playing style.
I want to hear more.

Man, that sounded great Malky. You should continue on with it. Beautiful finish on it also. Mine doesn't look near that good. Excellent playing style.
I want to hear more.

Thanks Richard, I like the finish on it but I would love to see Robbie's finish with blue candy on an instrument like this, a lot of lap steels and pedal steels tend to have a mother of pearl finish and it seems to suit them, I was actually aiming for a mother of pearl look on mine but it was done with metallic paints and transparent blue water based varnish.

There is a video of me playing it on page 4 of that same thread:) but it was the first time I played it, to save you time looking, here it is.

I do still have an amp, I have VOX VT20+ which has built in effects including reverb/sustain, auto wah and just about every effect possible, it also has buikt in tuner and can mimic 33 different famous amplifiers, it's amp used in this video.
Now THAT, is a cool project!

Ancient chinese secret huh? :p
Weeeell, I probably managed to get myself on some government list with all the chemicals I've ordered the past two months.
I was after doing the crystal FX thing with waterbased paint and trying to figure out what class of chemicals their propietary ingredient belonged to/ different types of crystal forming substances and such that would make the process compatible with waterbourne.
This was a happy spinoff involving some stuff I got from DOW.
I've managed to work out the whole waterbourne thing finally too but im still tuning it.
I haven't really divulged the whole thing because im actually seriously considering developing this into a commercial product if the idea has legs?

Understandable, I wish you success with it, the effect is something I would happily pay for:thumbsup:

BUT!!! You at least have to do us some candy samples and combinations, I hate dangly carrotslol
For sure I'm gonna get some different combos done and put it on whatever i find thats cheap.
And i'll get some shipped out to some of you guys to try out when I'm a bit more sure of its behaviors and quirks.

Understandable, I wish you success with it, the effect is something I would happily pay for:thumbsup:

BUT!!! You at least have to do us some candy samples and combinations, I hate dangly carrotslol
Definitely! I’ll second that Malky.
Nice job Robby, it looks really cool and there’s a lot of scope for the finish too. Good luck turning this into a product. I’m sure there will be some willing volunteers here to help give it a try when you have the formula locked down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure I'm gonna get some different combos done and put it on whatever i find thats cheap.
And i'll get some shipped out to some of you guys to try out when I'm a bit more sure of its behaviors and quirks.

You can always find realky cheap guitars in junk shops and garage sales, I really would love to see this effect on an electric guitar, I reckon it woukd look amazing with a gothic or tribal design here and there, woukd turn a cheap guitar into an axe worthy of a rock legend.

And who knows? It might encourage you take it up:)

Can't wait to how this evolves:thumbsup:

You can always find realky cheap guitars in junk shops and garage sales, I really would love to see this effect on an electric guitar, I reckon it woukd look amazing with a gothic or tribal design here and there, woukd turn a cheap guitar into an axe worthy of a rock legend.

And who knows? It might encourage you take it up:)

Can't wait to how this evolves:thumbsup:
LOL I've tried several times over the years. I can learn songs, kind of, but I never really progress with it. Not saying I can't do it. Just that its something I have absolutely zero god given talent for.

There is a video of me playing it on page 4 of that same thread[emoji4] but it was the first time I played it, to save you time looking, here it is.

Very cool project and a great time from it too! Nicely played Sir.
Edit: I meant to say great “Tone”.

Last edited:
Candy probably would be cool! I was thinking last night about maybe doing a trans yellow over blue or green with the effect , or the same with blue and red or layering two complementary colors. Which could either make a really cool shifty kinda deal or just look like total butt. I have no idea which.
Strangely enough I hadn't thought of candy.

LOL, I'll keep that in mind.
Guitar would be cool! I'll look around for a junker.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!, I wanna do green, and then try some things with trans or candies as suggested and then actually get it on something. Maybe I'll buy a garbage helmet or guitar to play with.

I keep on reading post that reference "Candy" I'm I write that is just a red colour ?

I keep on reading post that reference "Candy" I'm I write that is just a red colour ?

It can be any colour, it is like a transparent medium with colour, you would normally paint your artwork using pearlescent white or silver onto a black base then apply the candy colour, everything black stays black and only the white or silver shows through the candy and takes whatever colour your candy is, here is an example.

ZZR-008-email.jpg

This was done by one our members called @Red Baron who we havent seen for a long time, although this particular bike is red candy, it could have been done in blue, orange or any other colour.

After the candy is applied it would be cleared in the normal way.

You can see more of this amazing bike in this thread :)

It can be any colour, it is like a transparent medium with colour, you would normally paint your artwork using pearlescent white or silver onto a black base then apply the candy colour, everything black stays black and only the white or silver shows through the candy and takes whatever colour your candy is, here is an example.

View attachment 54795

This was done by one our members called @Red Baron who we havent seen for a ling time, although this particular bike is ted candy, it could have been done in blue, orange or any other colour.

After the candy is applied it would be cleared in the normal way.

You can see more of this amazing bike in this thread :)
Thank you that's amazing wish I had kept my ninja

Interesting finish what paint are you using?

Since some music is in the thread I really prefer wood when it comes down to it, I learned off a 76 Thunderbird, it was mahogany but someone painted the front black(and did a decent job) in the 80's before I got it, I should take it down to the original finish. Should paint my 3/4 upright, it's been collecting dust for years now unfortunately.

CI and wicked so far. Ive had too much on my hands the past few weeks to develop this any further but its definitely on the list to get some combo test panels done and then probably send off some test samples to some forum members as soon as i've figured how to best use it so i can provide some basic guidelines.

Back