Iwata .35 Defective Needle

Christi

Young Tutorling
Hi everyone! I’m new to the group so it’s possible this has been posted somewhere else already but if not...
I wanted to let everyone know that something strange is going on with the Iwata .35 needles.
I ordered a new needle just to see if my previous issue was a needle issue (luckily not), but when I put the new needle in the AB I noticed it was pretty hard to get it in, almost having to force it. Scary to me when I’m afraid of breaking the AB over something so silly. Once I had it set in place I set back up and started painting. Painted ok but barely any paint came out compared to what it normally does. So I took it back out and packaged back up to return it. So I looked up on Amazon to see if anyone else had complained of this and a ton of people on the reviews said the same thing. I tried googling about it and found nothing. Then I contacted a local art store near me and asked them if they’ve had any complaints and sure enough the lady told me that Iwata had a bad batch of .35 needles go out (and are still out on shelves) and they are sized incorrectly. Hard to explain but what she said was the end of the needle is bigger then it gets smaller then bigger then smaller and so on. So they’re fitting in the AB but not as they should. I took the needle to her and she showed me what she was referring to. Crazy how that happened. But I wanted to warn everyone that if you order a new .35 needle to check it before using it. With the naked eye I couldn’t tell the difference so magnify if you can. Hopefully no one else will run into this problem but just in case... be aware!
It was frustrating...and I’m glad my original needle was not bent bcuz I would’ve been really mad getting everything set up for nothing!

Yeah that’s on the Iwata had those kinds of quality control problems on their needles. But it does make sense to thoroughly check out parts before you install them. And your instincts were correct; never try and force an airbrush or any other kind of delicate precision instrument together if it doesn’t want to go.

Back