Iwata coiled hose lasted real long but now it is dead

Ronald art

Air-Valve Autobot!
I bought my first real airbrush compressor in 2008 it was the Iwata power jet pro and it came with 2 coiled hoses
I know some hate those but I really love them but over the last few days I noticed that my current compressor started up when I was not using the airbrush ( I forgot to but the power off ) so I checked all connections on the airbrush and the compressor but I could not find any leaks but the compressor started up again while I did the check up so I took the power off and disconnected the airbrush from the hose to see what would happen .
and Sure thing the next day the pressure on the compressor was down to zero .
I am not complaining the power jet pro compressor died 3 or so years ago and this hose served me 11 or so years and the second hose was never used and is still perfect :)
I will see if I can find a hose with the same diameter as the coiled one so I can make a new back up hose

I use an Iwata coiled hose, and have been doing so for more years than I can remember ;). My favorite hose, for sure.

I use an Iwata coiled hose, and have been doing so for more years than I can remember ;). My favorite hose, for sure.

With you on that one. I only use the Iwata poly hoses and the coiled one is my favourite. Expensive but worth the money.

I spoke to soon the coiled hose didnt die on me :) I pressure tested the leaking hose and it turned out the big male connect that connects to the compressor was the problem : it only needed a small turn with a spanner to tighten it and the hose is perfect again :)
I did look for a replacement hose and found out sparmax makes coiled hoses that look the same as the Iwata coiled hose but is much cheaper : 8 pounds in the UK versus 28 euro down here in the Netherlands

Back