For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Iwata eclips with F1 trigger

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

I know people love and use the eclipse a lot but I used it only twice in the 3 years I own it one of the reasons was the trigger : it gave me hardly any good control over it
    But after I replaced the F1 trigger for the DG low trigger I ended up with a F1 trigger I could not use in any airbrush but the thought of converting it to fit the eclipse was on my mind for a few days now but I knew it would be hell for me with my sight
    it took me well over 40 minutes to get it done and my eyes hurt from concentrating on those tiny parts but here it is :) DSCN1386.JPG
    Hvstle, doc1, jord001 and 3 others like this.
  2. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

Exactly the same way I would have done it! I had looked at making them this way, by ordering the f1 trigger, and adding a pin the way you did - but the cost made it silly to do, so I cut the whole trigger -

eclipse trigger mounted1.jpg
    Hvstle, doc1, Ronald art and 2 others like this.
  3. Ronald art

if this airbrush was used more I would have ordered that low right hand trigger from you @DaveG but it is only a large coverage airbrush to me and I hardly ever use it and if I didnt have a F1 trigger lying around I would have left it as it was ;)
    DaveG likes this.
  4. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I think you did great! I actually advocate for people to DIY. If anyone has an F1 trigger around, this is a fantastic move to adapt it to other brushes, like the Eclipse.

For those that may be reading, there are quite few Olympos brushes that use an attached push pin, and this is a great way to convert the F1 to fit those brushes, as well.
    doc1 likes this.
  5. Ronald art

To me the F1 trigger is a far better trigger than those on the Iwata airbrushes and if I can covert this trigger any one can do it as long as you can use 2 hands :)
    Hvstle and DaveG like this.