Iwata Eclipse 0.2mm??

I have an ieata cm sb, creos .18mm, and olympis .23mm l3head, and i have to say, i lime yhe olympos the least out of them all, my cm sb, is the old version but i upgraded with teflon, and that thing performs fantastically, as for the eclipse i only have a devilbiss dagr .35mm, and with that setup i can get nice hairlines, im just not a fan of the double taper needle, im working on getting an eclipse side feed, and i understand the experiment with different size needles with different nozzles, i have a few needles that i sharpen with a snap on file, because i to like a long taper needle, like the old iwata hp c, and holbeins, tapers are very long

I have an ieata cm sb, creos .18mm, and olympis .23mm l3head, and i have to say, i lime yhe olympos the least out of them all, my cm sb, is the old version but i upgraded with teflon, and that thing performs fantastically, as for the eclipse i only have a devilbiss dagr .35mm, and with that setup i can get nice hairlines, im just not a fan of the double taper needle, im working on getting an eclipse side feed, and i understand the experiment with different size needles with different nozzles, i have a few needles that i sharpen with a snap on file, because i to like a long taper needle, like the old iwata hp c, and holbeins, tapers are very long
Since I got my Olympos Micron I’ve just been painting with that. Today I also tried out my new Olympos HP-100SB, also very pleasant and pretty damn thin lines too! Got my eclipse in the post today! Took it apart and tuned it, will try it out tomorrow!!

Since I got my Olympos Micron I’ve just been painting with that. Today I also tried out my new Olympos HP-100SB, also very pleasant and pretty damn thin lines too! Got my eclipse in the post today! Took it apart and tuned it, will try it out tomorrow!!

One thing you will find with the Olympos brushes, the needles bend of you think about it too hard. You get fine lines due to the long taper, but it comes at a cost.

One thing you will find with the Olympos brushes, the needles bend of you think about it too hard. You get fine lines due to the long taper, but it comes at a cost.
Yes I had that a couple of times already but it doesn’t bother me at all... I quite like fixing needles using a ShapenAir, Then 1200 grit, 2000 grit, 3000 grit then metal polish, methylated spirit then Regdab, perfect! Doesn’t take me more than 5 minutes.

Lol I see in your name you also have airbrush aquisition disorder!! How many (and which ones) do you have?!

a lot less than he use to have, i think he had an intervention and he sold a few lol
Sounds familiar I sold my Infinitys last week and selling some more... but buying other ones on the other hand!!! You can never have enough good airbrushes!

I've an arsenal of Iwatas' and one H&S - a couple of Olympos that i won that i dont enjoy using so i dont.

I've an arsenal of Iwatas' and one H&S - a couple of Olympos that i won that i dont enjoy using so i dont.
Nice! What’s wrong with your Olympos airbrushes?? Which models are they?! That’s the same with my Sotar, loved it the first week but didn’t touch it since!!

Nice! What’s wrong with your Olympos airbrushes?? Which models are they?! That’s the same with my Sotar, loved it the first week but didn’t touch it since!!
I'll have a look when i get home, but ones a side brush, one isnt. I made up a small bottle of paint/reducer and ran it through the Olympos Bcup and my CM-B and the result was chalk and cheese, the CM-B was a lot thinner crisper lines, i even posted the result here i think, i'll have to hunt them down.

Parts for the Olypmos arent easy to get here in Australia.

I'll have a look when i get home, but ones a side brush, one isnt. I made up a small bottle of paint/reducer and ran it through the Olympos Bcup and my CM-B and the result was chalk and cheese, the CM-B was a lot thinner crisper lines, i even posted the result here i think, i'll have to hunt them down.

Parts for the Olypmos arent easy to get here in Australia.
they are most likely the hp100b and sb that you have. I converted two of mine, the hp100a, and the hp100sb with Iwata parts, one a .18, one a .20, and they are fantastic performers.

they are most likely the hp100b and sb that you have. I converted two of mine, the hp100a, and the hp100sb with Iwata parts, one a .18, one a .20, and they are fantastic performers.
Just the needles and the nozzles or more?

Back