Iwata Eclipse HP-CS Nozzle cleanig

busanga

Double Actioner
What is best way to clean this nozzle out, IWATA says DO NOT TAKE IT APART (the small nozzle end from main body of nozzle)

how to you clean the paint out from inside the nozzle ?

Also is there an O ring in there.. i assume not .

No O ring in the nozzle assembly.
the brass and nozzle are not meant to be separate.
if the nozzle isn’t giving any grief then I’ll just blast cleaner through it. If I feel it’s starting to ‘gunk up’ I will soak in Createx restorer overnight (I use Createx paint) then use a combination of interdental brushes, fishing line or a nozzle reamer/old needle if I think it’s needed.
fishing line is available in different thicknesses so get one close to your nozzle size, it’s a gentle way of cleaning the ‘hole’

the nozzle reamer/old needle should be used extremely gently or you risk flaring/splitting the nozzle

wonder if aerosol carb cleaner would do the trick , i use it to blast out the small brass jets in my carbs on the bike etc. works a treat.

1708394148820.png

wonder if aerosol carb cleaner would do the trick , i use it to blast out the small brass jets in my carbs on the bike etc. works a treat.

View attachment 87444
It would probably work, not sure how well it would break down paint, it’s designed to break down carbon.
spray paint on a hard surface, allow to cure then hit it with the car by cleaner and see if it does dissolv.
as with any cleaner make sure you flush the brush well to avoid contaminating the paint as it sprays

It would probably work, not sure how well it would break down paint, it’s designed to break down carbon.
spray paint on a hard surface, allow to cure then hit it with the car by cleaner and see if it does dissolv.
as with any cleaner make sure you flush the brush well to avoid contaminating the paint as it sprays
I believe carb spray is in large part acetone…

What I do with mine is place it in isopropyl alcohol 91% and let it sit 5 to 10 minutes.

Then I use one of these

Dusting spray.jpg

I remove the straw, place the pointy end gently into the hole for the straw and holding the brass carrier so the whole thing dosen't end up flying across the room, give it a blast of air.

Usually it is sufficient to soak it in Createx restorer.
If that's not enough, I put the jar restorer with the nozzle in the ultrasonic.
If it isn't clean yet, I use a water jet made for cleaning teeth to flush it.
If nothing helped, I use an old needle.

Usually it is sufficient to soak it in Createx restorer.
If that's not enough, I put the jar restorer with the nozzle in the ultrasonic.
If it isn't clean yet, I use a water jet made for cleaning teeth to flush it.
If nothing helped, I use an old needle.
I agree, always go with the gentlest option that works

Yep, I always find the ultrasonic bath works wonders, especially with a little heat, I just use plain water with some airbrush cleaner squirted in.

Back