iwata eclipse HP nozzel emergency

bpwmd

Young Tutorling
hey guys i was cleaning my airbrush after doing my project and the nozzlephoto 1.JPG on my iwata eclipse HP-BS just came off. i wasn't pressuring it or anything. posting picture of the part incase im using the wrong name. how do i put it back? theres no threads just a friction fit. i really hope you guys can help.

Shouldn't it have a cap that scews over it to hold it in place? Don't have any Iwata's myself so not sure how they go together.

Little rick is correct, it's a self centreing nozzle, simply put it in place and screw the nozzle cap back on, it does the rest it'self, it's designed so you can take it out like it is now and clean it easier.

You were lucky this time, but be careful in future the or @Squishy will come round and slap your leg:)

also just so you know sometimes it gets stuck in there and you should never have to use force to remove it,if you try and it won't come out soak it in ab cleaner for a little while and try again,repeat as required

Little rick is correct, it's a self centreing nozzle, simply put it in place and screw the nozzle cap back on, it does the rest it'self, it's designed so you can take it out like it is now and clean it easier.

You were lucky this time, but be careful in future the or @Squishy will come round and slap your leg:)
Will she slap me too??please squishy?lol

NEVER undo the steel tip from the brass body. When/if you ever need to replace it, it is sold as a single unit.

Before you install it again, put a little chapstick/beeswax around the base of the nozzle. It keeps it in place and gives it a nice seal.

Damn.. should have said it was buggered and offered £20 for the bits! NO!... Slap Rick, Thats dishonest!

Haha sorry had a laugh at this.ive always preferred the screw on type nozzles, it's annoying when the self centering type gets stuck. I've had to pry one off with pliers before.

Yup, warming up my slapping hand right now Lol.

As the guys told you, it's meant to do that. I love the self centering nozzle, and find 'em way less fiddly, and easier to clean than the screw in ones, and no tiny threads to worry about breaking. But then I'm as clumsy as an ox Lol!

Yup, warming up my slapping hand right now Lol.

As the guys told you, it's meant to do that. I love the self centering nozzle, and find 'em way less fiddly, and easier to clean than the screw in ones, and no tiny threads to worry about breaking. But then I'm as clumsy as an ox Lol!
I'm with you Squishy. I prefer the self centering type. The tiny screw on nozzles on my Iwata are not easy to get on or off and having over tightened once, I am paranoid that I'll do this costly mistake again. The Harder Steenbeck nozzles are a decent size, have Teflon O-ring seals and can easily be taken on or off without tools or fear of over tightening. I also like how the nozzles are interchangeable between their airbrushes.

I'm with you Squishy. I prefer the self centering type. The tiny screw on nozzles on my Iwata are not easy to get on or off and having over tightened once, I am paranoid that I'll do this costly mistake again. The Harder Steenbeck nozzles are a decent size, have Teflon O-ring seals and can easily be taken on or off without tools or fear of over tightening. I also like how the nozzles are interchangeable between their airbrushes.
I read on another post a while back about just tightening with your hand then you wont run the risk of over doing it and breaking the threads, the very first brush i got was a cheapo and after the first spray i took it apart and sheared the nozzle when i was putting it back together lol but on the plus side it was a lesson learnt and ive never done it again

I read on another post a while back about just tightening with your hand then you wont run the risk of over doing it and breaking the threads, the very first brush i got was a cheapo and after the first spray i took it apart and sheared the nozzle when i was putting it back together lol but on the plus side it was a lesson learnt and ive never done it again
I know with my Iwata's if I only hand tighten then they will not seal properly, even if using some kind of thread sealant. Iwata nozzles are expensive enough for me to have learned my lesson after 1 damaged tip too.

I know with my Iwata's if I only hand tighten then they will not seal properly, even if using some kind of thread sealant. Iwata nozzles are expensive enough for me to have learned my lesson after 1 damaged tip too.

Im goin to treat mine with great care and hopefully keep repairs to a minimum

Back