For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Iwata needle seals just hate me :)

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

to be fair I am talking about the teflon needle seals that are in the HP and eclipse series and I dont use the eclipse that often
    It started this year with the needle getting stuck in my HP SB+ I had not used that brush in over a year and figured there was some paint gumming up the seal but when I pulled it out it was clean so I replaced that seal for a DaveG seal and problem solved
    yesterday I picked up the Hp SBS eclipse and I had the same problem the needle was stuck in the seal I pulled the seal out cleaned it as it had some paint in it installed it and needle got stuck again I tried to adjust it but no luck so I pulled it out again and I remembered I still had 1 unused DaveG seal so I have put that seal in the eclipse and it works perfect now
    jord001 and DaveG like this.
  2. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I am not a fan of the teflon's either. too easy to make them too tight, causing trigger feel to be heavy, and non-responsive, or not tight enough as to allow paint back into the body... Even If I am not using one of my custom seals, I would rather go with an o-ring seal. If I was working with solvents, I would just buy a bag of 100 o-rings for 5 bucks, and change them frequently.

Glad you had one on hand, that you could use to solve your problem.
    doc1 and jord001 like this.
  3. Ronald art

I have to agree with you Dave when it comes to the teflon seals : I hated the one in my CM and changed it to a rubber seal but that one didnt really fit but I could work with :) I only need to change out 1 more seal in my revolution but that airbrush only gets used once every few years so I am in no rush and I might never change it at all
    jord001 likes this.
  4. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Not had a problem as yet but I will be having a paint when I get back from Spain next week so I hope it's ok cos I ain't used it for a while.

Lee
  5. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

Never had an issue with the teflon ones but really want to try the ones from @DaveG.
    jord001 likes this.
  6. Ronald art

my Hp SB+ is over 15 years old and the teflon seal held up for almost 12 or 13 years but that HP SBS is only 4 years old and the teflon seal in the CM SB v2 gave me trouble from the start but I have to put a side note to that : I had just started to train my trigger finger that had lost the fine movement and the V2 had the higher trigger I needed at that time to compensate the loss of fine movement/control of my trigger finger.
    The seals from Dave have that same rubber seal feel to it as the old V1 microns and I like that as the trigger action / movement is much smoother than with a teflon seal
    jord001 likes this.