just bought a Fendga compressor, but

R

Ramero

Hey,

I use an FD-186 compressor with tank for painting and after a few days of just getting comfortable with the whole thing I realised that no matter the tank, the compressor kicks in in about every half minute or less.

So I'm totally new to both airbrush and this forum and the whole thing might be fairly evident, but I don't really know if it's malfunctioning or this is how it is and maybe I just don't use it correctly.

So usually I turn it on, the motor works for like a minute as expected, pressure goes up. Then I take the dial and set it a working pressure of around 20-25 psi. After this I can paint for a short time, then it loads again, etc.

I'm also confused about how the dial works. Suppose the tank is full of air at a pressure of 60 psi which is the point when the compressor automatically stops. Then what does the dial set the pressure in the airbrush's end or in the tank? I used to think it's only the airbrush's, but then again, at 20 psi air seems to last so short, way shorter then, say, at 50.

Sorry for the lengthy post and possibly stupid question!
Thank you

The dial you’re setting is the pressure to the airbrush. You need to set it holding your trigger down then set the pressure desired. Even tho you set it at ... lets just say 20, while the trigger is down when you let off it will show a higher pressure.
As far as it constantly running, I’m pretty sure with a tank that small it will run a lot.
The tank is more just for consistent air pressure and not really storing air.

Thank you for the reply!

So how it's set is irrelevant for the compressor which will start and stop according to it's own rules (at 50 psi start 60 stop, or something like this) and also, it says nothing of the amount of air in it?
So I can just leave it whichever setting is best for spraying, it won't effect how much air is compressed by the motor?

Yes just set it to what you spray at. That doesn’t control anything with the compressor or motor, just what comes out the hose.
The motor coming on is a factory setting.
My 5 gallon compressor kicks on about 90 and off at about 120.
I run about 20 psi and mine runs about every 10 minutes, that’s due to how my tank stores way more than I go through

Hey Ramero... check you the information on the Airbrushtutor website/youtube channel, good compressor info there... but first.. how about going along to the intro section and introduce yourself properly... more pleasant when we know who we are talking too!

76D29BE6-B2B6-417C-9257-D194AE83EB90.jpeg

I got the same compressor. If I keep it at 20 psi and keep pressing the trigger then yes, it will refill very half minute or so. Hence this is normal. If i use only short bursts or wisps when painting then it takes longer for the
motor to kick in. Important is that you got constant output pressure ,.. pressure comes before noise.

Watching a video of it in action it only has a 20 psi cut in/out point so if max pressure is say 80 psi at 60 psi it will cut on again.

Back